Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

201 - 220 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
2020 Touring FWD

MSRP $44,014
Actual Price Paid $37,500
Accessories added, but at no charge: wheel locks, tint, all weather mats, folding cargo mat, pinstripe.
Tax: $1943.33
Title, tag and other fees: $889.85
Total: $40,333.18

We traded a vehicle also and were VERY happy with what they offered. We were prepared for them to offer several grand lower, but they didn’t!
AutoNation Honda in Clearwater, Fl was fantastic to deal with! Did all the negotiations without ever stepping foot on their property.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 EX-L FWD

MSRP $43,715
Actual Price Paid $32,562
Accessories added: wheel locks, 3M protection: $428
Tax: $2,728

Total out the door price: $36,283

0 down for 60 months at 2.9% interest for $650/month payments.

I think based on the cargurus website. I can't post the list (blocked by this site) but if you search google for "honda pilot exl 2020 what did you pay" it's the first result.
Maybe I could have bargained down to $31,800 from $32,500, for another $700 savings, but I didn't see that site until after I bought the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow! 10k+ off is a great deal! Did you have trouble getting this deal or is this pandemic causing a ripple effect on auto dealers now?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm thinking maybe if I waited longer I could have received a better deal too, but my OTD price was $35,900 for the following:
  • 2020 EX-L FWD
  • All weather mats, wheel locks, cargo mat and mud guards
  • Black Running Boards
  • Black Rails (on top of the car)
  • Black crossbars
I'm in North Carolina -- Two dealerships were very close in pricing, I just went with the one closer to home. For me they would not budge on the warranty price. I wanted the extended warranty for piece of mind with all the new electronics. Now I wonder if delaying our purchase could have produced a better deal...

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm thinking maybe if I waited longer I could have received a better deal too, but my OTD price was $35,900 for the following:
  • 2020 EX-L FWD
  • All weather mats, wheel locks, cargo mat and mud guards
  • Black Running Boards
  • Black Rails (on top of the car)
  • Black crossbars
I'm in North Carolina -- Two dealerships were very close in pricing, I just went with the one closer to home. For me they would not budge on the warranty price. I wanted the extended warranty for piece of mind with all the new electronics. Now I wonder if delaying our purchase could have produced a better deal...
Welcome to the Forum!

Did you purchase the Honda warranty from a dealer? You can check on line Honda dealers who specialize in selling the Honda Care plan. For an 8 year 120000 mile, $0.00 deductible they sell for around $1400.00 or so. Same warranty many Honda dealers sell which is good at all dealers in the US and Canada.

If you purchased the Honda backed plan from the dealer and paid a lot more, you could see about cancelling the plan and then purchasing from one of the other sellers to save money. Just contact one of the sellers (Hyannis Honda, College Hills Honda, Bernardi Honda, etc) to make sure you can cancel and then re-purchase the plan if you are interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the welcome note! This message board helped a lot and I thank all my fellow posters !!

Yes, I paid the $2,400 (7 year 100k) for the extended warranty. I will definitely contact those other dealers to ask about their warranty, thank you very much! Especially if I can take To any Honda dealership.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Every state has it's own tax rate, dealer doc fee rate, license and title fees, etc so it's not a matter of being lazy to do a little math. In Ohio the doc fee it is capped at $250.00 In New York it was $80.00. In Florida there is no state regulation and some dealers have charged as much as $1000.00 for a "dealer doc fee" The state tax in Ohio varies depending on what county the car is registered in. My county collects a total of 7% car sales tax, the county next to me collects 8% sales tax.

State license and title fees are also vastly different. I pay $60.00 a year for a license plate, and I believe around $20.00 or so for a title.

Not everyone knows what each state charges or what each dealer charges.

It makes it much easier to understand the purchase price of just the vehicle when the price paid for the vehicle plus the destination fee is included in a post.

No one is being lazy at all!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Absolutely right

Couldn't have said it better

And to the other poster, why is it so hard to just type the car price instead of the OTD. Are we making you do some extra work or something? Lighten up Francis yeah sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Piloteers

I Bought a Honda Pilot Touring 8 Passenger AWD.

Trim level : TOURING 8 Passenger
AWD or FWD : AWD
Factory options selected: Splash Gaurd, door edge film, all season floor mats and some ceramic coating.

MSRP inc delivery : 45092$
Actual Price Paid before extras 37,783$
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing): 899$
Tax: 3017.25$(Arizona Tax)
License Fee: 751.31$ , state fee: 50.75 and doc fee: 499$
Total:43000$ (OTD PRICE)

Dealer name, city, state. Earnhardt Honda, Avondale, Arizona.
Additionally, please share if you traded in a car or not. NO TRADE IN.

Is it a good price!

Thank you 322E1732-8C8E-4CA0-9A24-2AECBEAB7CEE.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honda Pilot Black Edition

MSRP $50,840
Actual Price Paid $41,992
Accessories added, but at no charge: wheel locks
North Carolina NC Tax: $1272.93
Title, tag: $89
Doc fees: $439
Total: $43792.93

North Carolina dealer's quote for that somehow came below an Elite, so now I'm driving a black car.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Honda Pilot Black Edition

MSRP $50,840
Actual Price Paid $41,992
Accessories added, but at no charge: wheel locks
North Carolina NC Tax: $1272.93
Title, tag: $89
Doc fees: $439
Total: $43792.93

North Carolina dealer's quote for that somehow came below an Elite, so now I'm driving a black car.
Sounds like they are starting to give them away! Your post and the one previously regarding the Touring AWD someone just purchased show some very fantastic sale prices!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 Touring FWD 7 Passenger

MSRP $44,015
Actual Price Paid: $36,075.30
Included in above price - appearance enhancement package: c/tray, wheel locks, splash guards,door guard protection molding, wheel well protection molding : (shown additional on car sticker $1,390.00)

folding cargo mat (no cost)

Sales Tax (6%): $ 1,961.90
Title, tag and other fees $ 1,839.05
Honda Care 8 year/120,000 extended warranty $2,880.00 Per Florida law cannot discount and must buy in state from dealer.
Total: $35,256.25

Traded in a vehicle and felt I received a very fair offer (was same price shown on Edmunds site I had looked up prior to going).

South Motors Honda in Miami, Fl was great to deal with! Did use USAA buying service (Truecar) to begin the negotiations. When offered the price of car I told them if the Honda Care was included in the price we had a deal and they agreed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 Touring FWD 7 Passenger

MSRP $44,015
Actual Price Paid: $36,075.30
Included in above price - appearance enhancement package: c/tray, wheel locks, splash guards,door guard protection molding, wheel well protection molding : (shown additional on car sticker $1,390.00)

folding cargo mat (no cost)

Sales Tax (6%): $ 1,961.90
Title, tag and other fees $ 1,839.05
Honda Care 8 year/120,000 extended warranty $2,880.00 Per Florida law cannot discount and must buy in state from dealer.
Total: $35,256.25

Traded in a vehicle and felt I received a very fair offer (was same price shown on Edmunds site I had looked up prior to going).

South Motors Honda in Miami, Fl was great to deal with! Did use USAA buying service (Truecar) to begin the negotiations. When offered the price of car I told them if the Honda Care was included in the price we had a deal and they agreed.
Sorry if the above is confusing. I paid $35,256.25 total but price of Pilot shows purchase price before taxes, fees and extended warranty of $36,075.30. (had trade in $7,500)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m getting ready to buy a 2020 Pilot EX-L (Black Forest Pearl) The dealer has two “identical” cars but one has recently had a $2345 price reduction. The salesman said it’s been on the lot “for awhile” and they want to sell it. Is that possible? Could there be something wrong with the discounted car? Maybe the green color is unpopular? Hate to sound paranoid, but that’s a big incentive. ($). Thanks for your ideas.

·
Registered
512 Posts
It's hard to tell or even find out how much the dealer really has in the car. Most dealers have to finance their inventory and pay interest on each vehicle until sold. Now they usually do get a period of time before the interest starts, could be 90 days. So if you were to buy a vehicle which just came in, they may not have any additional interest fees to pay.

If you buy one that has been sitting there for 4 or 5 months, they may have been paying interest fees each month for the last couple of months. Naturally they would want to get rid of that one first.

Why has it been sitting? Color may be one consideration or it may have been put aside to use as a demo or loaner, depending on how many miles are on it. Maybe an AWD model which isn't needed in Texas?

How much is the total discount on each car you are looking at. Are they the same except this one with an additional $2345.00? You can check previous posts to see what the EX-L usually has been sold for. Use that as a guide for the price and see if the $2345.00 is in addition to other posted information.

Found some AWD for around $34000-$35000 before taxes and fees?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L FWD, Honda Protection Package, Mudguards, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, Pin Stripes, Window Tint, All Season Mats

ODO Price of $35,500

Vehicle Purchase Price - $32,396.50
Pre-delivery Service Charge - $799
Lead Acid Battery Fee - $1.50
New Tire Fee - $5.00
Private Tag Agencey Charge - $98.00
Sales Tax - $1,998.00
County Tax - $50.00
Lemon Law - $2.00
Title, Registration, and License Fees - $150.00

Bought in FL... Dealerships are hurting for business...

201 - 220 of 234 Posts