Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 Pilot went in for the service bulletin to fix crackling/small stone noise. Harnesses were rerouted and wiring connectors were replaced. Ever since that fix, my radio goes in and out intermittently. The dealership is trying to tell me it's because I'm listening to HD2 or HD3 radio stations. However, that's not true. Is anyone else having issues? Did Honda offer a fix? I reached out to Honda corporate, who then referred me to customer service. I'm waiting for their reply. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
70 Posts
My 2020 Pilot went in for the service bulletin to fix crackling/small stone noise. Harnesses were rerouted and wiring connectors were replaced. Ever since that fix, my radio goes in and out intermittently. The dealership is trying to tell me it's because I'm listening to HD2 or HD3 radio stations. However, that's not true. Is anyone else having issues? Did Honda offer a fix? I reached out to Honda corporate, who then referred me to customer service. I'm waiting for their reply. Thank you in advance!
2020 EX-L AWD I had the same cracking and popping problems and had the service bulletin work done and so far no problems after two months. HD radio will go in and out intermittently if you are a distance from the signal and drive by a hill or tall building blocking the signal. I live 20 miles north of San Diego and I have that problem. When the signal goes out ( stop your Pilot if you can ) and switch your radio to the same station on plane old FM. Your should hear the Old FM fine. Then switch back to HD same station. HD signal is more line of sight and less power. Let us know if this helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
2020 EX-L AWD I had the same cracking and popping problems and had the service bulletin work done and so far no problems after two months. HD radio will go in and out intermittently if you are a distance from the signal and drive by a hill or tall building blocking the signal. I live 20 miles north of San Diego and I have that problem. When the signal goes out ( stop your Pilot if you can ) and switch your radio to the same station on plane old FM. Your should hear the Old FM fine. Then switch back to HD same station. HD signal is more line of sight and less power. Let us know if this helps.
Do a GOOGLE search on "Why do HD radio stations fade in and out?" For more information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do a GOOGLE search on "Why do HD radio stations fade in and out?" For more information.
Thank you! However, it's happening with just regular stations also. That's what has me perplexed. I never had this issue prior to the bulletin fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you! However, it's happening with just regular stations also. That's what has me perplexed. I never had this issue prior to the bulletin fix.
I had the bulletin fix done, which did fix the worst of the random popping/cracking sounds. However, after that fix then the phone charger starting working intermittently, the popping/cracking sounds started happening when disconnecting my iPhone from being directly connected to CarPlay or when using CarPlay and a phone call initially rings in. It's currently in the shop awaiting a response from Honda on how to go about fixing what seems to be an ongoing issue in my particular 2020 Pilot Elite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts