Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Pilot with 8000 miles from new. Recently, noticed a "chirping" it literally sounds like a cricket from the third seat area. Has anyone experienced this and what is the remedy? Driving me crazy and I won't turn the radio louder as was suggested. Ready to trade vehicle in. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Take it to the dealer, tell them you want a loaner until it's fixed and don't take it back until it's done. The vehicle is under the bumper to bumper warranty, make Honda and their representative (an authorized dealer) figure it out and fix it.

Reactions: smiller

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 2020 Pilot with 8000 miles from new. Recently, noticed a "chirping" it literally sounds like a cricket from the third seat area. Has anyone experienced this and what is the remedy? Driving me crazy and I won't turn the radio louder as was suggested. Ready to trade vehicle in. Thanks!!
Yes, my 2021 has it. It took me taking videos of the noise and driving with a tech. They are replacing the rear seat frame as I speak. They've had the car for a week waiting for the part. I am driving one of their loaners.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another thought: Is your vehicle one of those that has the microphone to talk to the back seats? "CabinTalk"? Maybe it's buggin out

·
Registered
113 Posts
More specific, it's the passenger side 3rd row seat back frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another thought: Is your vehicle one of those that has the microphone to talk to the back seats? "CabinTalk"? Maybe it's buggin out
No mic that I am aware. I originally thought is "plastic on plastic." Overall, love the Pilot but dislike the chirp! Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Take it to the dealer, tell them you want a loaner until it's fixed and don't take it back until it's done. The vehicle is under the bumper to bumper warranty, make Honda and their representative (an authorized dealer) figure it out and fix it.
The dealer is one of my car buddies. So, yes, off I go. Also, dealing with a 2004 Pilot at 205,000 miles with transmission trouble. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts