Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2020 Pilot EX-L with only 2400 miles on it since March. I have developed a rattle when going 30mph and hitting moderate bumps. Dealer service accnolaged the noise and did the following.
1) changed the RR strut assembly
2) adjusted the parking break assembly.

Said this minimized the noise and that it could " Just be indicative of the car"

The noise is still there.

Is anyone else hearing rattles already? this is my 9th Honda to own my 2nd pilot and have never had this.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a new 2020 Pilot EX-L with only 2400 miles on it since March. I have developed a rattle when going 30mph and hitting moderate bumps. Dealer service accnolaged the noise and did the following.
1) changed the RR strut assembly
2) adjusted the parking break assembly.

Said this minimized the noise and that it could " Just be indicative of the car"

The noise is still there.

Is anyone else hearing rattles already? this is my 9th Honda to own my 2nd pilot and have never had this.
I had a rattling noise in my Honda Pilot 2019 EX-L. It also started happening around 500 miles mark. Please view the following video and see if the rattling noise is similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
According to a viewer on that video, below is what the deal did to fix his issue.

"Finally. The sound is gone. I took the car to the dealer and the noise like in this video was related to the rear motor mound on the driver side being defective. They replaced the the unit and the sound is gone. I had to shared this since no one gave an answer. Good luck with your repair."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a rattling noise in my Honda Pilot 2019 EX-L. It also started happening around 500 miles mark. Please view the following video and see if the rattling noise is similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks but no I have noise when driving and hitting bumps .

·
Registered
268 Posts
Other common rattle sources are seat belt buckles rattling against the interior plastic trim panels. Best to try and isolate the rattle yourself, preferably as a passenger. I find it hard to isolate rattle sources while driving. I had a noise caused by a rear view mirror that, from the driver’s seat, sounded like it was coming from the console.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts