Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
New to this forum and new to the Pilot world. I just picked up my Black Pilot Ex-l last week and got some questions regarding OEM vs aftermarket accessories. I know there are many forum answers for these but wanted to start a fresh thread :)

1. Silver Rack - looking at online prices varying from 350-400 however, one of the dealers is hooking it up for $525 with installation - Good price?
2. Mud Flaps - Weathertech vs OEM. I am always a fan of OEM but weather tech is a great company so doubting myself
3. Runner boards - OEM vs TAC boards ( they look nice and seem easy to install)
4. interior LED lights - saw bunch of post for yorkim from amazon. Forum wont let me post link lol

also do add any other accessories that are nice to have :)

Thanks all

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
1. Not sure.. but what I know is dealer installed accessories gets 3 years warranty..
2. for me, OEM.
3. I'll go with the OEM just because it has that Pilot emblem in it..
4. This is a must for me, every single vehicle I owned gets interior LED lights (daylight, bright white) replaced within one week.
5. I always add body side moulding, just to reduce that door dings from uncaring people who opens their doors so wide..
6. All season mats and trunk tray, if you're hauling a big family.. The trunk tray is a must for me for the baby stroller and my son's gigantic hockey bag..
7. Some small interior stuffs like glass screen protector for the infotainment, cup holder hero and front seat gap filler.
8. I know it's not an accessory, but I'll have my Pilot coated with ceramic paint in the next week or so. I'll have it done DOIY, so goodluck to me.

Enjoy your new Pilot!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Not sure.. but what I know is dealer installed accessories gets 3 years warranty..
2. for me, OEM.
3. I'll go with the OEM just because it has that Pilot emblem in it..
4. This is a must for me, every single vehicle I owned gets interior LED lights (daylight, bright white) replaced within one week.
5. I always add body side moulding, just to reduce that door dings from uncaring people who opens their doors so wide..
6. All season mats and trunk tray, if you're hauling a big family.. The trunk tray is a must for me for the baby stroller and my son's gigantic hockey bag..
7. Some small interior stuffs like glass screen protector for the infotainment, cup holder hero and front seat gap filler.
8. I know it's not an accessory, but I'll have my Pilot coated with ceramic paint in the next week or so. I'll have it done DOIY, so goodluck to me.

Enjoy your new Pilot!
Thanks Jay - i have the all weather mats dealer included it as part of the deal. Which LED lights did you get?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
Thanks Jay - i have the all weather mats dealer included it as part of the deal. Which LED lights did you get?
I got this from Amazon: Yorkim 194 LED Bulbs Xenon White 6000k Super Bright Newest 5th Generation, T10 LED Bulbs, 168 LED Bulb, LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights W5W 2825, Pack of 10

·
Registered
12 Posts
OEM splash guards are an easy install and integrate with the lower trim so well. Looks factory installed. Look for deals online.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
523 Posts
Welcome! How are your DIY skills?

1) The weathertech floor liners cover more than the all weather mats. One other brand on here other used Max (something). Search for floor mats on here
2) Roof Rack- Search on here. Your EX-L you can get the "Base Carrier" that does not have the side rails just the cross bars mounted. $250 from Bernardi Honda and really not hard to install. I did mine last weekend. Search Roof Rack on here
3) I got the WeatherTech mud flaps, easy install, a bit more coverage.
4) Rear cargo mat- Honda because it accommodates the folding up of third row.
5) Window vent visor- Weathertech brand.
6) Trailer Hitch if you need one, Factory Honda the aftermarket mount below trim plate and you loose 2" clearance at the back. Wiring and Tranny cooler if you plan to tow with it maybe even if you don't for future life.
Check my posts regarding transmission modes so you know how your snow/mud/sand actually work because you won't find it in the manual.

Add where you live to profile might affect info regarding winter tires/rims, heated steering wheel, skid plate, rust protectant

Look up Bernardi Honda and College Hills Honda for the factory parts. They beat my local dealers by a significant price even when you count in shipping, BUT you need to install. Maybe your dealer is more cooperative at price match and then install.

Factory Base Carrier install - thread with just base carrier, not side rails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! How are your DIY skills?

1) The weathertech floor liners cover more than the all weather mats. One other brand on here other used Max (something). Search for floor mats on here
2) Roof Rack- Search on here. Your EX-L you can get the "Base Carrier" that does not have the side rails just the cross bars mounted. $250 from Bernardi Honda and really not hard to install. I did mine last weekend. Search Roof Rack on here
3) I got the WeatherTech mud flaps, easy install, a bit more coverage.
4) Rear cargo mat- Honda because it accommodates the folding up of third row.
5) Window vent visor- Weathertech brand.
6) Trailer Hitch if you need one, Factory Honda the aftermarket mount below trim plate and you loose 2" clearance at the back. Wiring and Tranny cooler if you plan to tow with it maybe even if you don't for future life.
Check my posts regarding transmission modes so you know how your snow/mud/sand actually work because you won't find it in the manual.

Add where you live to profile might affect info regarding winter tires/rims, heated steering wheel, skid plate, rust protectant

Look up Bernardi Honda and College Hills Honda for the factory parts. They beat my local dealers by a significant price even when you count in shipping, BUT you need to install. Maybe your dealer is more cooperative at price match and then install.

Factory Base Carrier install - thread with just base carrier, not side rails.
DIY skills are good but time is limited lol. I am definitely installed mud flaps myself, window vent visor. THanks for the references

1 - 8 of 8 Posts