Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum and looking for help. I have a new 2020 Elite with a push button start that is intermittently not starting. I drove a 2016 Elite with the push button start for over 4 years and never had an issue with starting.
Of course, I know you must put your foot on the brake and then push the start button. However, some days, the brake feels different...hard to push and won't start when the button is pushed. I have taken it to the dealership. who have never heard of this issue and cannot replicate the problem. As I stated, it is intermittent. The vehicle didn't throw any errors codes and they saw nothing wrong. I know there is something wrong. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to this forum and looking for help. I have a new 2020 Elite with a push button start that is intermittently not starting. I drove a 2016 Elite with the push button start for over 4 years and never had an issue with starting.
Of course, I know you must put your foot on the brake and then push the start button. However, some days, the brake feels different...hard to push and won't start when the button is pushed. I have taken it to the dealership. who have never heard of this issue and cannot replicate the problem. As I stated, it is intermittent. The vehicle didn't throw any errors codes and they saw nothing wrong. I know there is something wrong. Any ideas?
I have the same issue with my 2020 pilot but only first thing in the morning when it has been sitting overnight. I haven’t taken it to the dealership because I’m sure I will have to leave it over night for them to replicate the issue.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Take a look under the dash around the brake pedal. Any loose wires or loose bolts? How do the brake switches look? Watch everything under there as you move the brake pedal by hand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take a look under the dash around the brake pedal. Any loose wires or loose bolts? How do the brake switches look? Watch everything under there as you move the brake pedal by hand.
Ok will try that however the brake is usually locked down with no movement when this issue is occurring.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Ok will try that however the brake is usually locked down with no movement when this issue is occurring.
Sounds like you need to find out what's causing that as soon as possible as something might be interfering with the brake pedal which could prevent you from braking.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I know this is a little older, but it sounds like the brake booster is bleeding down vacuum after sitting for extended periods and that’s causing you not to push the pedal down far enough to get it to start. I bet you can reproduce the issue by pumping the brake pedal with the engine off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I also have 2020 Honda pilot elite that also intermittently will not start. We’ve only owned it for about two months, bought it preowned with 18,000 miles and it’s been doing it ever since we got it. Took it to the dealer once they were unable to replicate the issue. The brake pedal will stick and when I push the button lights turn on and it makes a fast ticking sound. But it will not start. It’s currently not starting in my garage now so calling Honda roadside and having it towed. Has anyone been able to get it fixed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts