Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to use an HDMI cable to plug in my iPhone to the rear entertainment, to try to access downloaded Disney Plus videos, but it says the app doesn't recognize the plugin.
How can I play Dinsey +?
Thank you!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you use a splitter that connect to the rear charge port then split out to HDMI and your iPhone? That what I use to have my kids watch movie with Disney plus. OR if you have after market plug it might not read it just a thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you use a splitter that connect to the rear charge port then split out to HDMI and your iPhone? That what I use to have my kids watch movie with Disney plus. OR if you have after market plug it might not read it just a thought.

Thank you! Yes, we used the splitter that you mentioned and it still didn't work. What's an after market plug?

·
Registered
297 Posts
The only way I know how to mirror my phone to the RES is to use an Apple TV but that’s like $180 so I’m not sure if that helps, but you could get a google chrome cast which is $35 (I think) and mirror YouTube videos on the RES.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!
Is this just because it's an iPhone? Does an Android device work if you just plug in the HDMI to the RES?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, we’ve been able to stream Disney+ from a laptop that has an HDMI out to the Pilot. I’ve found that most apple Mobile products - iPhones & iPads block the ability to output to another screen - they want you to use Apple TV instead. If it’s offered on chrome cast you can try that too.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi, we’ve been able to stream Disney+ from a laptop that has an HDMI out to the Pilot. I’ve found that most apple Mobile products - iPhones & iPads block the ability to output to another screen - they want you to use Apple TV instead. If it’s offered on chrome cast you can try that too.
I tried bringing my whole Apple TV in the car and streaming Amazon Prime Video to it, but it says you can’t stream downloaded movies to an Apple TV. Next time I’ll try a laptop if it lets you download it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts