Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2020 2 WD pilot and was thinking about buying a 16 foot Scamp travel trailer. Thoughts about this? I love the vehicles ride and I tow my 19 foot boat without any problem. However live in Florida with zero hills or mountains. Love the car but have had the car in three times for crappy info system. Now bluetooth does not work right. Sorry got off the subject of towing. Positive that I have driven Hondas for over 1 million miles and never ever broken down.:)

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,331 Posts
The owners manual has a great section on towing. What’s the GVWR of that trailer?

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
592 Posts
I was looking at those scamp trailers online looks like the dry weight for the standard is about 2k and the deluxe is 2.6k. Might want to ask them what the fully loaded weight is expected to be but either way make sure you weight it yourself to be on the safe side.

If you use the search feature you'll find some good threads with weight charts and such.

I don't think the transmission cooler is an exact fit on the 2wd (i might be wrong) but it would be recommended by many. Someone was able to rig it to there's and they included pictures but I think they had to modify one of the brackets to work.

Good luck please post questions or comments.

I've been eyeing a travel trailer so I always love hearing what brands/models ppl are buying.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts