Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get info on the 2020 Pilot dashboard?

I’m hoping they return to a dial speedometer. Not sure I can go with the digital, as I fixate on it...you know, like those speed limit signs “your speed...” :p

Anyone?

·
Administrator
15,510 Posts
They just did a mid cycle major update. Typically unless there is something really wrong, all we'll see is a change in the name and color of a paint color.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Do you know if the speedometer can toggle between the digital readout and a dial?
Or is the digital all there is now?

I’ve been in a Highlander for 3 years and I guess I’m a Honda girl at heart. Missing my old Pilot.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks!

Do you know if the speedometer can toggle between the digital readout and a dial?

I’ve been in a Highlander for 3 years and I guess I’m a Honda girl at heart. Missing my old Pilot.
they just redesigned the highlander literally just a few days ago. it looks more modern more sporty finally better tech features but still small interior especially 3rd row.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks!

Speedometer is digital readout only on my 2019 Pilot EX-L and as far as I know that is the same for all trim levels.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I don’t think the 2020 model is going to simply be just the addition of a new paint. Not with the ever tightening market and growing competition. The Kia Telluride and it’s sibling from Hyundai are giving Honda a run for their slice of the market. Not to talk of the 2020 Highlander that was just released. Even for 2019, the Pilot is missing a 360 surrounding view that’s present in a lot of its rivals already. And in terms of features, Honda usually is ahead of Toyota. The infotainment screen is now 12 inches diagonally on the new Highlander. There are added safety features that can read road signs on the new Highlander. Better stitched seats and quilted nappa leather. Better sound systems. Except the Pilot wants to join its ancestors, it’s going to need some significant updates for 2020. They could add the 10 speed transmission from the Odyssey, add a hybrid trim to the lineup, heads up display, panoramic roof on all trims like the RDX and more. It definitely won’t be same as 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don’t think the 2020 model is going to simply be just the addition of a new paint. Not with the ever tightening market and growing competition. The Kia Telluride and it’s sibling from Hyundai are giving Honda a run for their slice of the market. Not to talk of the 2020 Highlander that was just released. Even for 2019, the Pilot is missing a 360 surrounding view that’s present in a lot of its rivals already. And in terms of features, Honda usually is ahead of Toyota. The infotainment screen is now 12 inches diagonally on the new Highlander. There are added safety features that can read road signs on the new Highlander. Better stitched seats and quilted nappa leather. Better sound systems. Except the Pilot wants to join its ancestors, it’s going to need some significant updates for 2020. They could add the 10 speed transmission from the Odyssey, add a hybrid trim to the lineup, heads up display, panoramic roof on all trims like the RDX and more. It definitely won’t be same as 2019.

That Kia Telluride is a very nice SUV. Kicking myself for not looking at it

·
Registered
291 Posts
That Kia Telluride is a very nice SUV. Kicking myself for not looking at it

Trust me, not all that glitters is gold. Just added the Telluride forum on my Tapatalk app and Kia’s customer service SUCKS! Issues and problems abound. From doors that can’t be opened to leaks in cabin, it’s a familiar chorus. At least, Honda corporate engages with everyone here that has a complaint when the dealer escalates - not with Kia.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Trust me, not all that glitters is gold. Just added the Telluride forum on my Tapatalk app and Kia’s customer service SUCKS! Issues and problems abound. From doors that can’t be opened to leaks in cabin, it’s a familiar chorus. At least, Honda corporate engages with everyone here that has a complaint when the dealer escalates - not with Kia.

Considering I had to go to THREE Honda dealers before I found someone who was able to take off my drivers side armrest isn't saying much LOL.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Considering I had to go to THREE Honda dealers before I someone was able to take off my drivers side armrest isn't saying much LOL.
Hahahaha...but that is the dealership, not Honda. Someone couldn't open one of the doors and was told it takes it takes 2-3 business days before Kia returns a call. After a week passes, owner finally gets a call only to be told the agent is going on vacation. I have seen all kinds of issues that just makes me realize I am better off sticking with a model that has been around for years. I can't imagine my rear climate vents running without me being able to turn it off.

·
Administrator
15,510 Posts
If it makes you feel any better the 2020 RDX was just released with (drum roll please) a new color!

That's all folks!

·
Registered
291 Posts
If it makes you feel any better the 2020 RDX was just released with (drum roll please) a new color!

That's all folks!

Hahahaha they only added a new color? Well, of all that Honda has to offer, the RDX (and a couple others) was the only one that had improved sale numbers when you compare sales from April of 2018 and April of 2019. I guess the “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it” may very well apply to the RDX.

·
Administrator
15,510 Posts
Hahahaha they only added a new color? Well, of all that Honda has to offer, the RDX (and a couple others) was the only one that had improved sale numbers when you compare sales from April of 2018 and April of 2019. I guess the “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it” may very well apply to the RDX.

Yup and the 2019 RDX was a totally new model in June of last year!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I test drove a AWD Subaru Ascent. Really pretty car. Beautiful dash, nice console/arm rest.
Perforated leather like my 2004 Pilot.
It beats Pilot and Highlander in front crash safety ratings and rear cargo space.
But it resembles a Ford from the back with the bar of chrome at the taillights, and it’s a V4 turbo.

A contender?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I test drove a AWD Subaru Ascent. Really pretty car. Beautiful dash, nice console/arm rest.
It beats Pilot and Highlander in front crash safety ratings and rear cargo space.
But it resembles a Ford from the back with the bar of chrome at the taillights, and it’s a V4 turbo.

A contender?
I cross shopped the Ascent. We also have a Forester Which we love. The Ascent was very very nice and it was a tough call but in the end I went with the pilot because i felt it was a safer choice. I was worried about the Ascent being a first year car. Also wasn’t crazy about that CVT transmission or the turbo 4 (the turbo lag was noticeable vs a linear v6).

Ultimately I think both are solid choices.

·
Registered
14 Posts

A contender?
I recently chose a Pilot after deciding between that and the Ascent. I love the Subarus I've owned, but the Ascent, and many Subarus, seem to suffer from serious CVT transmission problems. There are TONS of threads on the Ascent forums of people getting their transmissions replaced, entirely, under warranty. Also, a there are a lot of reports of other Subarus with CVTs suffering transmission failure before 100k miles, including a friend of mine. Subaru charges 7k for a new transmission. The reliability of these coupled with all the other quirks of a CVT just wasn't worth the risk. So I bought a Pilot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, quirks...I read their forums and there were some scary risks...one being smelling fresh gasoline in the garage after driving! Apparently gasoline gets into the oil and Subaru isn’t owning up to it.
Another was the transmission replacement thread was pretty long.

We also have a Forester (my daughter chose it as her 1st car) and it’s great, but...

Plus the Subaru dealer here does NOT negotiate. Ridiculousness. We actually drove almost 2 hours each way to buy the Forester in Jacksonville 3 years ago.

My Pilot was the best car I ever had, besides my Accord before that! ?
I gave my Pilot to my sister. There’s just something about a Honda. ❤

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently chose a Pilot after deciding between that and the Ascent. I love the Subarus I've owned, but the Ascent, and many Subarus, seem to suffer from serious CVT transmission problems. There are TONS of threads on the Ascent forums of people getting their transmissions replaced, entirely, under warranty. Also, a there are a lot of reports of other Subarus with CVTs suffering transmission failure before 100k miles, including a friend of mine. Subaru charges 7k for a new transmission. The reliability of these coupled with all the other quirks of a CVT just wasn't worth the risk. So I bought a Pilot.
I was in the same boat. Ascent looks good on paper, and does drive well - Eyesight works really well. But was not a fan of the CVT and turbo as others have commented. Strange the Pilot has been falling dramatically in Consumer Report ratings - I hope all of the issues were fixed for 2019!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Honda just released the 2020 Pilot PDI info A19-084 and NAV A19-085 for the dealers. The information looks to be the same as the 2019, which is to be expected. Dealers will most likely start receiving inventory in a month or two.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts