Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is anyone having problems with the 2020 Honda Pilot ex awd or any new pilot regarding steering wheel clunking? I’ve Taken it back to dealer twice they keep say they can’t find an issue or replicate it. It’s on rough surfaces, at city street speeds going straight. 20-45. Like yesterday, I purposely drove on rumble strips and it went crazy for a second then went away then came back. I was going about 29-30mph over them. It’s like give me a vibe of steering wheel bolt is loose and banging against the steering wheel but it’s tight.... I keep saying check steering rack and steering shaft column or what not.... idk if they’re checking it or not. Just feel like my gut feeling is saying steering shaft/column. I’ve showed the service advisor multiple videos of the sounds it’s making.. Actually test drove another at my local dealership, drove smooth as butter. Better than mine and it’s the same year. 500 miles on mine Ridiculous. Traded in my 2020 accord because that was having problems. The front drive strut on that was clicking.. Honda quality is sh**.. never buying another again. No wonder they’re ten on the list....

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The noise could be steering related, or something totally different that is being transmitting through the steering wheel area. Please give us more information: when does this noise occur? Driving? Speed? Cruising or accelerating or decelerating ? While turning the wheel or straight ahead? On smooth roads or rough? It's ok to vent if you are frustrated with your dealer, but that doesn't give the Forum members any useful information. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The noise could be steering related, or something totally different that is being transmitting through the steering wheel area. Please give us more information: when does this noise occur? Driving? Speed? Cruising or accelerating or decelerating ? While turning the wheel or straight ahead? On smooth roads or rough? It's ok to vent if you are frustrated with your dealer, but that doesn't give the Forum members any useful information. Welcome to the forum
It’s on rough surfaces, at city street speeds going straight. 20-45. Like yesterday, I purposely drove on rumble strips and it went crazy for a second then went away then came back. I was going about 29-30mph over them. It’s like give me a vibe of steering wheel bolt is loose and banging against the steering wheel but it’s tight. my second time going back.... I keep saying check steering rack and steering shaft column or what not.... idk if they’re checking it or not. Just feel like this gut feeling is saying steering shaft/ column. Obviously when you take to the dealer it doesn't want to replicate.. or can’t replicate it like
I can.. Thank you appreciate it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts