Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L FWD Black/Black
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Honda Pilot - Anybody changed interior lights to LED? Please share your experience and from where you purchased. Also the brand if possible.

·
Registered
846 Posts
2020 Honda Pilot - Anybody changed interior lights to LED? Please share your experience and from where you purchased. Also the brand if possible.

About 328 posts on just this one thread alone regarding replacing the interior lights on the 3rd generation Pilot. Your 2020 should be the same as the 2019 if not the 2016. There are other threads also

LED Upgrade Interior Pilot

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply, I went through that thread. Is there any reliable source you have to show there is no difference between 2020 and 2019? I read one buyer complaining about fuse blown in 2020 after going though review on below listing in amazon. But when I checked the listing, it says it fits 2020 pilot. Also read seller saying check the car manual it it fits or not.

Also people who reported the listing they used in 2017 pilot says it does not fit 2020.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
Not specifically for the 2020, but though I installed LEDs on the inside of my 2006 liftgate for bright bluish white light when loading and unloading back there in the dark, I eschew LEDs elsewhere in the interior due to what I perceive as their emetic properties.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not specifically for the 2020, but though I installed LEDs on the inside of my 2006 liftgate for bright bluish white light when loading and unloading back there in the dark, I eschew LEDs elsewhere in the interior due to what I perceive as their emetic properties.
Thanks for the reply, but interior yellow light is not bright enough for me.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
I got this from Amazon: Yorkim 194 LED Bulbs Xenon White 6000k Super Bright Newest 5th Generation, T10 LED Bulbs, 168 LED Bulb, LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights W5W 2825, Pack of 10

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thank you for the reply, I went through that thread. Is there any reliable source you have to show there is no difference between 2020 and 2019? I read one buyer complaining about fuse blown in 2020 after going though review on below listing in amazon. But when I checked the listing, it says it fits 2020 pilot. Also read seller saying check the car manual it it fits or not.

[/URL]

Also people who reported the listing they used in 2017 pilot says it does not fit 2020.
No changes between 2020 and 2019 models from what others have posted. You should add the model of your Pilot in the signature area so we know what you have. The Touring and Elite have front door lights with a clear lense where as the other trim levels have only a red cover with no light bulb behind it. The Elite also has LED in the overhead map lights already according to owners.

In post #319 of that link I posted above, I have listed the bulbs I used for my 2019 Touring interior lights. I also changed out the visor mirror lights and can check to see what bulbs I ordered and used for them if you need the info. I also purchased the console and glove box lights but haven't replaced them yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got this from Amazon: Yorkim 194 LED Bulbs Xenon White 6000k Super Bright Newest 5th Generation, T10 LED Bulbs, 168 LED Bulb, LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights W5W 2825, Pack of 10

View attachment 134480
Thank you for the reply and for the nice picture with light.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No changes between 2020 and 2019 models from what others have posted. You should add the model of your Pilot in the signature area so we know what you have. The Touring and Elite have front door lights with a clear lense where as the other trim levels have only a red cover with no light bulb behind it. The Elite also has LED in the overhead map lights already according to owners.

In post #319 of that link I posted above, I have listed the bulbs I used for my 2019 Touring interior lights. I also changed out the visor mirror lights and can check to see what bulbs I ordered and used for them if you need the info. I also purchased the console and glove box lights but haven't replaced them yet.
Thank you for the reply, really appreciate your reply. I have updated my signature with vehicle details. Yes, please send the links when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Touring Elite Modern Steel Metallic • 2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer White • 2002 BMW M5
1 Posts

View attachment 134480
That looks awesome... I don't understand why the map lights are bright white LED and the rest are warm traditional bulbs... on a side note, are those factory rubber mats in the back? Do they fold up when the seats are up? I am look for some for back there.

View attachment 134480
That looks awesome! I don't understand why mine came with bright white LED map lights, yet the rest are traditional warm LEDs... on a side note, are those factory mats? I am looking for some that fold up when the seats are up. I don't want to have to take the giant mat in and out every I need the extra seats.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
That looks awesome... I don't understand why the map lights are bright white LED and the rest are warm traditional bulbs... on a side note, are those factory rubber mats in the back? Do they fold up when the seats are up? I am look for some for back there.
Yup, this is what I have. The dealership threw it in as a freebee. It can fold so you don't have to remove when you have the 3rd row seats up.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,266 Posts

That looks awesome! I don't understand why mine came with bright white LED map lights, yet the rest are traditional warm LEDs... on a side note, are those factory mats? I am looking for some that fold up when the seats are up. I don't want to have to take the giant mat in and out every I need the extra seats.
Probably because If the driver needs to see something such as look at a map they need good light. Passengers don't need that bright of light. When I'm driving I don't want interior lights on, they are distracting when I am behind the wheel.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
Probably because If the driver needs to see something such as look at a map they need good light. Passengers don't need that bright of light. When I'm driving I don't want interior lights on, they are distracting when I am behind the wheel.
"OK kids, I said turn those lights off back there!" Oh, the number of times I've had to say that through the years.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ordered Yorkim 194 LED bulbs as most have suggested on these threads. Found these to be inexpensive and of poor quality. Swapped out the first one and no issues; as I went to swap the other, a short occurred and blew a fuse. Opted for a local installer who used Race Sport Lighting and they were awesome. Purchased (4) 29 mm LEDs from PrecisionLED for the vanity and swapped out myself. My suggestion is to avoid the inexpensive LEDs as "you get what you pay for."
LEDs.jpg

·
Registered
387 Posts
With some of the off brands, sometimes the consistency can be off. When I was younger, I had time to fuss but not anymore. Too busy. Figured I'd do it right the first time

1 - 20 of 27 Posts