Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I want to replace the stock head unit in my 2020 Pilot LX with a larger screen. Stereo shop told me no harnesses exist for this generation of Pilots so the existing backup camera and steering wheel controls won’t work with an aftermarket unit.

Do the connectors line up for an older Pilot oem screen to be swapped in?

Here’s an example:

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
499 Posts
No. Completely different wiring harness. Your best bet would to go 3rd party system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s frustrating because they don’t make any harnesses yet. Lol. Camera and stereo steering controls stop working with a 3rd party unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s frustrating because they don’t make any harnesses yet. Lol. Camera and stereo steering controls stop working with a 3rd party unit.
I feel your pain, I've tweeted to iDatalink for an ETA on a solution, hoping it's soon. I did the HondaHack thing and it's working pretty good, but just not the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s really frustrating because they don’t have made any harnesses yet. You probably call the support in order to figure out the issue. Maybe they can help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took the plunge and had my Pioneer DMH-WT7600NEX installed in my 2016 EX-L. There were some compromises but I couldn't be happier.

Retained:
Volume/Track Steering Controls
Back Up Camera

Gave Up / Workaround
Call Answer/End Steering Control - Answer using touch screen, dial out etc via Google Assistant
Side Camera - Picked up decent blind spot mirrors
Vehicle Settings - Made my mind up before I did the head unit swap out
Installed 3rd party Amp for the sub

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Honda Pilot EX-L
7 Posts
I took the plunge and had my Pioneer DMH-WT7600NEX installed in my 2016 EX-L. There were some compromises but I couldn't be happier.

Retained:
Back Up Camera

Gave Up / Workaround
Call Answer/End Steering Control - Answer using touch screen, dial out etc via Google Assistant

Retained:
Back Up Camera

Gave Up / Workaround

Did the same thing in my 2015 PILOT didn’t lose cameras etc but I also put in a maestro RR and the Honda HO for it as well. Had to use a 2011 Honda Pilot dash kit...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Apples and oranges. 2016 is a principally new gen from 2015. Maestro does not offer support for 2016+ Pilots yet...

·
Registered
2015 Honda Pilot EX-L
7 Posts
Agreed on their website it says maestro does not offer temp controls on 2015 either but that wasn’t true

1 - 9 of 9 Posts