Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2020 Pilot for my wife and the cupholders don't have any mechanism to keep bottles from banging around. No foam insert, no plastic springs, nothing. What do the Piloteers on this thread recommend? I've spent more than an hour on Amazon looking at all kinds of possible solutions. This one guy 3D prints a gizmo for Teslas and sells them on Etsy (google: tesla cupholder insert); I wish I could buy this thing to fit my 2020 EX.

I inherited the 2013 Pilot EX she used to drive, which has the foam insert thing.

Looking forward to suggestions. Thank you!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I bought a new 2020 Pilot for my wife and the cupholders don't have any mechanism to keep bottles from banging around. No foam insert, no plastic springs, nothing. What do the Piloteers on this thread recommend? I've spent more than an hour on Amazon looking at all kinds of possible solutions. This one guy 3D prints a gizmo for Teslas and sells them on Etsy (google: tesla cupholder insert); I wish I could buy this thing to fit my 2020 EX.

I inherited the 2013 Pilot EX she used to drive, which has the foam insert thing.

Look here:

Then we used these to finish it off. No complaints so far.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Reactions: Tanner

·
Registered
743 Posts
The bottom of my front console cup holders on my 2019 Touring are right around 3" in diameter. The mason jar holders mentioned above are showing 3.1" in diameter. They should fit in pretty well as others have found. Shown in post #48 following the link above "Rubber cup holder inserts" in post #2.

I also found in the same link the post about the Cadillac part GM # 22902594 which may even work a bit better. They have side cushions which look like they will allow a tighter hold on smaller cans or bottles but will push in to accept larger sizes. I think I'm going to give those a try.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I went low tech... we had a whole cupboard full of those freebie beer coozies you get at weddings, golf tournaments, conventions, etc.

I took 2 black ones and split them 2/3 of the way down at the 1/3 points to make them more flexible and easier to get larger cone shaped cups in and out. They work great, and no cost!

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
So wrong. "Lisa and Bart got married and all I got was this lousy koosie"

Actually, cool idea using those koosies, but do they come out when you lift up your drink? Do you glue them down or something?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Actually, cool idea using those koosies, but do they come out when you lift up your drink? Do you glue them down or something?
No, they are just big enough to friction fit pretty well, and with the splits down the side, they don't grab onto cups, cans or water bottles so they aren't a problem with lifting out on their own.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I completely agree that Honda cheaped out on my 2019 Honda pilot cupholders. If they only made the cupholders 1/2 inch deeper, stuff wouldn't fall out of it all the time!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went low tech... we had a whole cupboard full of those freebie beer coozies you get at weddings, golf tournaments, conventions, etc.

I took 2 black ones and split them 2/3 of the way down at the 1/3 points to make them more flexible and easier to get larger cone shaped cups in and out. They work great, and no cost!

View attachment 133365

View attachment 133366

Cheers!
What a great idea! Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
"2020 EX - Wife hates cupholders - please help"

Kind of telegraphing your future plans but, if that's the case, I would just stall.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have been struggling with this as well. When I saw this thread it got me thinking about using a pvc pipe insert. I had some scraps at home and found that 3" thin wall sewer pvc pipe works great. I cut a piece about 3" long and inserted into the cup holder. When you push it down it wedges into place and does not move around. It holds my water bottle perfectly in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got a shiny new 2020 Pilot Touring and I have a thought. Has anyone run across and insert for the storage area to replace the little tray with a couple cupholders? I'm thinking of having something designed and 3D printed. The unit in there that slides pops out and has a standard looking connection that should be easily replicated.

·
Administrator
15,578 Posts
I've used whatever I have handy on a couple of cars. Its a problem that's spreading across many companies.
3m Self adhesive strips, neoprene, the little furniture bump protection pads etc.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,952 Posts
This is all we use these days. Fit perfectly in the cup holders.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,952 Posts
New models are usually higher maintenance.
True, but they don't need a new timing belt or their valves adjusted and they come with the latest and greatest features, thus eliminating the need for upgrades to things like headlights, shocks, etc and the body if free of dings and dents.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts