Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never used a sat service before. I am in the trial period with this one. I WOULD consider a subscription, but not with the performance I am experiencing. I'm not sure if I'm just not using the system properly or there is truly an issue with it. I saw a bunch of threads from earlier Gen 3 users that had a lot of issues. But I would've thought they'd be pretty much worked out by now.

Seems to play for a while, then drops out for seconds at a time. No overhead obstructions. Sometimes when close to a building (parked it my driveway) it goes in and out. I thought that if I buffered a few minutes of the station by "pausing" it, I'd have enough stored up to get through any drop outs. But it appears to store the drop outs. See if the pic attached with buffer line doesn't help. I am really wondering just what "proper operation" looks/sounds like with a satellite system.
IMG_2828.PNG

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don’t have these issues. My reception never drops out. If it’s dropping out even from buffer, maybe it’s an issue with your head unit? Wouldn’t hurt to raise it with the dealer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What conditions (if ever) SHOULD I get a drop out, and/or a "loss of signal" message. Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Satellite reception is only line of sight. If the “view” is obscured, you get no signal, therefore no radio. In some situations a phenomenon called multipathing occurs. This is when the signal is both received directly and from a reflection off of a nearby building. Glass buildings are notorious for this. The reflected signal is received slightly after the original signal, which plays havoc with the radio. A third problem is interference from GPS jammers that truck drivers use to keep their bosses from monitoring them with GPS tracking devices. Jammers are very illegal, but hard to stop because they are cheaply available from china.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Sat radio is garbage for me. I live in NH and lots of trees and mountains. It cuts out a lot. It will cut out for a few seconds and will come back halfway into a new song. My radio can time travel!! LoL. My trial is almost over but I won't be paying. It's too much money to listen to the same songs everyday. There's no difference between this and regular radio. I literally hear the same songs everyday. I know there's more songs than that!!! Sorry but if you have this issue then you probably always will.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Sat radio is garbage for me. I live in NH and lots of trees and mountains. It cuts out a lot. It will cut out for a few seconds and will come back halfway into a new song. My radio can time travel!! LoL. My trial is almost over but I won't be paying. It's too much money to listen to the same songs everyday. There's no difference between this and regular radio. I literally hear the same songs everyday. I know there's more songs than that!!! Sorry but if you have this issue then you probably always will.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sleep, Thanks for the reply.

Slip, I am in NH too. Same issues. I was hoping it might workout, but given your experience combined with mine, I think I'm out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts