Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems a bit premature. No? Already did oil and rotate. Not a big deal, just seems kinda early for a brand new car.

I'll pick up the goods to do it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
499 Posts
Realistically you can wait until 15k to do it.

Use the search, this has been discussed in length previously.

This is correct.

The Maintenance Minder should have designated a diff fluid change around the 2nd / 3rd oil change, depending on your mileage.

I think mine showed up on my 2nd oil change, 12k miles, after reading on the forum I did the diff fluid myself around 15k.

Its very quick and very easy to do yourself. I think I spent about $45 at Honda for the Diff Fluid and the washers.

Search my posts, there should be a Walmart link to the pump i used to get the diff fluid back in. I bought two, they were only like $4-5 each.

The diff fluid in these Hondas is extremely thin in comparison to typical diff fluid that is in a Jeep. I don't think the smell is as bad but I was wearing a regular mask due to past experience with my jeep.

As I plan on keeping this for a while and it's very easy to do, I'll probably do a drain and fill on mine again when I get to 30k miles and try and keep it to every 15k miles.

When you see how thin it is, you'll understand why.

Goodluck
Here's another thread with more (too much) detail.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Highspeed, Thanks for the links. I came across one of them in my search prior to posting. I just didn't see one as early as 9700 miles. I thought this was a tad early. I've owned the car for 17 months and driven (like an old man drives) an avg of 144 mi/week since purchase. I would've thought I'd be up closer to the 15k before the minder came on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm not part of the MM cult, so I didn't know about the interval for this stuff and got around to changing it at 150000 miles. I'm at 215000 miles now and just bought another jug so I'll do it again.

·
Registered
2019 EXL AWD
168 Posts
Seems a bit premature. No? Already did oil and rotate. Not a big deal, just seems kinda early for a brand new car.

I'll pick up the goods to do it tomorrow.
What percentage are you at on the olm? It’s going to pop up but it’s not actually due till the olm at 15% shows up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts