Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Do both the drivers and passengers front seats heat the bottoms and the rears of the seats? Or just the bottoms ? I can't seem to tell. Maybe I haven't had a cold enough day yet (I doubt it). The manual does not indicate this.

2. My drivers bottom seems to heat up pretty well and pretty quickly. My passengers bottom seat is VERY slow (takes much longer to heat up, and doesn't appear to get as hot as the drivers does?. Does this sound right ? I've seen a few posts here re remote start and heated seat issues. But not this one.

The salesman told me when it's below 40 deg F, and you remote start the car, it turns the heat on full and the heated seats on full. I found this to be true when entering the car after a remote start on a cold day. When I step on the brake and push start, HVAC returns to the last known settings, but the heated seats stay in the full on position (according to the switch lights AND regardless of whether there is a body in the seat). I am able to adjust both heated seats controls after the car starts (expected).

So two questions: As above. 1. Seat bottoms AND backs? 2. Passenger seat weaker heat ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
1) On our 2019 Touring, the back AND bottom sections both heat.
2) Haven't noticed a difference in heat between the driv & pass seats (different types / thickness of clothing & passenger perceptions will make the heat from the seats less / more noticeable).

·
Registered
732 Posts
Just asked my wife the other day who always uses the seat heater on the passenger side when the weather is under 50 degrees. She said the bottom and back heat up.

I have almost 10000 miles on the car now and have never even tried the heated seat on the driver's side so have no idea, LOL. She doesn't drive much at all so I am sure she hasn't used the driver's side either.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The seat heater button illustration shows 'heat waves' on just the bottom...... but I just tried the seats and the botton AND back both heat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2019 EX-L heats seat bottom and back. As far as the passenger seat not feeling as warm, are you sitting on it or just feeling it with your hand? You need to sit on it to feel much heat.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My 2019 EX-L heats seat bottom and back. As far as the passenger seat not feeling as warm, are you sitting on it or just feeling it with your hand? You need to sit on it to feel much heat.
Interesting. After recently trying it out a few times my 2019 EX-L seems to only heat the bottom portion of the seat as far as I can tell. That's for both passenger and driver's side. And it did seem like the passenger side took a little longer to heat up, although that was more of a subjective observation on one or two occasions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts