Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this today. Canadians were the first to get the Pilot Black Edition and now, for 2020, we are apparently the first to also get the Black Edition with the Platinum White Pearl exterior color. Black Edition in Black and in White.

Reactions: Tourist2012

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Interesting... No Elite trim...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting... No Elite trim...
The Canadian model specs are not the same as their US counterparts. For instance, in the US, if you want heated front and 2nd row seats, you have to move to the Touring whereas in Canada, that option is available on the EXL.

Reactions: Tourist2012

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
If that white version was available here I'd want one. The red interior accents really set it apart, a step above the Elite, IMO.

The standard Black Edition isn't desirable here in FL, to me at least. Previous Pilot is black inside and out which made it too darn hot.

Reactions: Puffin

·
Banned
379 Posts
If that white version was available here I'd want one. The red interior accents really set it apart, a step above the Elite, IMO.

The standard Black Edition isn't desirable here in FL, to me at least. Previous Pilot is black inside and out which made it too darn hot.
Mine is black inside and out and doesn't bother me. I start it up and cool it down a bit before I get in. It's not a Black Edition, just black on black. My last one was gray leather and I think the black looks a lot better. Not crazy about white cars to be honest.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Mine is black inside and out and doesn't bother me. I start it up and cool it down a bit before I get in. It's not a Black Edition, just black on black. My last one was gray leather and I think the black looks a lot better. Not crazy about white cars to be honest.
It would bother you if you were in the south. ?

My wife has had a seemingly endless streak of black cars. Our black on black 2012 Pilot was fine before we moved down here.

Yeah the remote start helps, but say you are someplace like a mall or my wife's hospital where you can't start it remotely until you're close enough. It won't be cool by the time you are ready to hop into the car. If only they added it to Honda Link...

We went with silver this time. Dealer had a couple black ones and my wife totally wasn't interested which shocked me.

She finally gave in.

·
Banned
379 Posts
It would bother you if you were in the south. ?

My wife has had a seemingly endless streak of black cars. Our black on black 2012 Pilot was fine before we moved down here.

Yeah the remote start helps, but say you are someplace like a mall or my wife's hospital where you can't start it remotely until you're close enough. It won't be cool by the time you are ready to hop into the car. If only they added it to Honda Link...

We went with silver this time. Dealer had a couple black ones and my wife totally wasn't interested which shocked me.

She finally gave in.
Yeah silver won't attract the sun! LoL. I live in NH so it's definitely not as hot. We get our 90 degree days too but it's definitely cooler. Most cars that bake in the sun will be hot inside, especially if it's leather. But cloth isn't an option!! LoL. Love leather seats too much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m in BC, Lower Mainland Canada. I have a Black Edition and learned that they make them now in white. I located one at a dealer here and I will be going to see what it looks like in real life. Black is a pain in the A$$ to keep meticulous clean. I know about the ceramic coating but that’s so much to pay for someone who knows what they are doing and I understand that you have to reapply in a few years after.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went and saw the white black edition. Exactly the same as the black. Personally the break out in the colours did not do it for me. Maybe for others but not me. The black takes it in my book.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts