Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exhausted the search - Can anyone tell me the Silver paint code for 2020 Pilot EX-L lower bumper trim? There is a silver painted piece below the license plate in front, and the same color on a trim piece in the rear. I'm needing touchup paint for the front. Is this Lunar Silver?

I believe the part number for the back is 71509-TG7-A60 but cannot find reference to the color (don't know it it comes painted or not). I can't paste a link for some strange reason, but it looks like the EX-L, Touring, and Elite all have this same painted silver trim on the bumpers.

Hoping someone here has a simple answer like it's Lunar Silver. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Open driver side door and in the jam you will find a white sticker with your VIN number. Bottom center is a paint code that begins with NH....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I wasn't clear --- I know the paint code of my Pilot (it's white), but the painted bumper trim piece is silver regardless of primary body color.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone might call this part a "skid plate" on the front bumper that I'm trying to describe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know what part you are talking about, but I don't find a reference to a paint code anywhere.

Real shame you already need to touch it up on a 2020.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This has come up before on a trailer hitch install thread since the trim piece with the hitch kit is black. I don’t think they have paint available for the trim piece. The trim piece is available for <$200. A body shop would just replace the trim rather than re-finish. Maybe try painting it gloss black?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This has come up before on a trailer hitch install thread since the trim piece with the hitch kit is black. I don’t think they have paint available for the trim piece. The trim piece is available for <$200. A body shop would just replace the trim rather than re-finish. Maybe try painting it gloss black?
Dollars and cents you are probably right. My guess is the entire damn bumper cover would have to come off though which in typical Honda fashion is probably a fiasco and a half.

I'm simply looking to touch up rock-chips from the winter as our city loved to throw gravel rather than salt on the roads.

The answer I came up with was local PPG automotive supply shop. They used their paint matching camera and mixed up a touch up paint to match. It's probably as close of a match as an OEM touch up pen, but I find it stupid that Honda is using this generic "silver" on several models and can't publish the touch up color. Obviously they are giving the code to various suppliers to paint. Anyway, problem solved, but could have been much easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts