Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all-I’m about to take delivery. Adding some options including a roof rack, the red graphics package, mud flaps and mats.
I’m getting running boards for my kids and chose the premier running boards with lighting until I realized it comes with a chrome stripe that would take away from the “blackness” of the side profile. Should I pick the one without lighting (no stripe).
Also has anyone used an aftermarket sticker to black out the Honda emblem. If so does it interfere with the Honda Sense tech behind said emblem?
Will post pictures!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello all-I’m about to take delivery. Adding some options including a roof rack, the red graphics package, mud flaps and mats.
I’m getting running boards for my kids and chose the premier running boards with lighting until I realized it comes with a chrome stripe that would take away from the “blackness” of the side profile. Should I pick the one without lighting (no stripe).
Also has anyone used an aftermarket sticker to black out the Honda emblem. If so does it interfere with the Honda Sense tech behind said emblem?
Will post pictures!

·
Administrator
15,510 Posts
I wouldn't put anything over the sensor until someone else proves a decal or similar has no effect on it. We all know that a layer of slushy wet snow stops the system from working.
As for the chrome strip, a decal or careful application of paint would fix that. it might even be removable.

·
Read Only
6 Posts
Will post pictures!
On
20191227_160629.jpg

·
Read Only
6 Posts
I have these, they are all black OEM's with the word Pilot engraved in the portion that you stand on. I like them, I don't have the Black Edition but it works for me. Plus I can't remember what site but I believe you can buy the Honda emblem after market blacked out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts