Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the main reasons I got rid of my 2008 Ford Explorer is because of the crappy front footwell heat. The outboard side of each footwell was freezing cold in cold weather. This has been an issue for Ford since the Explorer's debut in 1991. One would think that in almost 30 years, they could have figured out a means of resolving this issue.

I digress. In my short sighted way of thinking, I assumed this limitation was strictly a Ford issue. Oh well, shame on me for not doing my due diligence in shopping for my Pilot (even though it WAS during the summer months).

All that said, what is the deal with the drivers footwell heat ? Any resolutions for this ? On full fan the flow is relatively weak. It is ever so slightly stronger on the passenger side. Anything lower fan speed and it may as well not even be an option. I also notice that when the "floor" mode is selected, the two inner dash vent outlets (drivers and passenger) have SOME hot air coming out of them as well, regardless of fan speed. Not a lot, but warm enough to keep my right hand (on the steering wheel) warm.

Back to the dealer ? Or am I stuck with it ? Any mods I can do to improve this ?

·
Banned
379 Posts
I think that's just how it is. My 2017 and now 2019 are like that. Doesn't bother me much, but I do know what you're saying. I think you're just stuck with it. Not sure of any mods.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts