Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know if the trailer brake controller connector in the 2019 Pilot is the same as the one used in the 2018?
Five days ago my wife and I took delivery on our new 2019 Pilot EX. My Tekonsha P3 controller cable is hardwired into my 2015 CR-V, so I want to get a P3-to-Pilot adapter cable, etrailer part #3070-P. The cable is a guaranteed fit for a 2018, but etrailer says they can't yet guarantee it'll fit the 2019. I sent a request into Honda, but no response yet. Hey, I'm impatient. :laugh:
Also, the Pilot manual says the connector is gray and near the top of the parking brake pedal. Is it that empty port in the large gray plastic terminal box-thingy that holds, among other things, some large multi-pin connections and a fuse panel?
Does that make any sense? Anyway, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, finally found the connector thanks to a photo I found in a Q&A on etrailer.com. It isn't where or what I initially thought it was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I just installed the tekonsha p3 with the Honda specific cable on my 2019 Pilot. I called up tekonsha and they said the cable will fit the 2019.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, my post is a related question to this thread ... I have a 2019 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD w/ a dealer installed 5,000lb tow package w/ 7pin connector. I have a Curt Venturer brake controller taken from my previous vehicle I use 3-4 times per year when pulling a 3,500lb popup camper. Curt specified their #51392 harness to connect to the Pilot. Honda tech support and manual specified the connection was "under the dash, above the emergency brake".

I received the new harness but cannot find any similar shaped connection ports in the existing and same multi-pin panel mentioned in the thread above. There are two open ports, one on each end of this panel. My questions are:

1. Can anyone verify if Curt #51392 the correct harness?

2. Where exactly is the 2019's brake controller connection? On the panel/board, a separate cable tucked under the dash I've not found, or somewhere else?

Below is a pic of the various parts and pieces for reference.

Thx for any help!
Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Controller connector is above the OBD2 connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I just installed the tekonsha p3 with the Honda specific cable on my 2019 Pilot. I called up tekonsha and they said the cable will fit the 2019.
Oh good. I sold my element with the controller and wanted to get another p3. When you say the “Honda specific cable” are you talking about the one that Honda gives you when you get the tow package installed? I was hoping that would work with the p3. Or do you need a different cable from etrailer?

Glad to hear it’s possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts