Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a weird intermittent issue and am looking for a direction to resolve it: when I receive an incoming phone call over bluetooth while listening to XM and the caller terminates the call before I do the XM radio does not come back on, it just shows the song playing on the screen but no sound. Here's where it gets weird, I can change XM stations and it shows different songs playing on different stations, etc. BUT when I switch to FM sound comes through fine and and I can change stations no problem. Switch back to XM and same thing, shows song playing, changes station, but no sound. As soon as I turn car off and back on its fine. Anything I should suggest the dealer try for my next visit (I have one more free service but they were not successful at trouble shooting a previous non-audio issue that went away on its own).

Reactions: In-Dure

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I have a weird intermittent issue and am looking for a direction to resolve it: when I receive an incoming phone call over bluetooth while listening to XM and the caller terminates the call before I do the XM radio does not come back on, it just shows the song playing on the screen but no sound. Here's where it gets weird, I can change XM stations and it shows different songs playing on different stations, etc. BUT when I switch to FM sound comes through fine and and I can change stations no problem. Switch back to XM and same thing, shows song playing, changes station, but no sound. As soon as I turn car off and back on its fine. Anything I should suggest the dealer try for my next visit (I have one more free service but they were not successful at trouble shooting a previous non-audio issue that went away on its own).
Sometimes BT takes on a life of its own. If you have an iPhone just swipe down from the upper right corner and tap BT off. That should make it let go of the radio. XM seems to resist playing on more than the one device if another has possessed it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is XM the only thing it is effecting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is XM the only thing it is effecting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, seems to only be XM. I can switch to FM and radio works fine and changes stations. Back to XM its shows that its playing, lets me change stations, but no sound.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2021 had this happen last week. Restarting the car cleared it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts