Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife was sitting in the parking lot at soccer practice for about 15 minutes. She had turned off the engine and sat with the power on. After about 15 minutes she wanted to move the car but the car would not start. As she placed her foot on the break and pushed the start engine button. The car would not start. All of the warning lights started to flash on the dash one by one and at one point they are stated blinking like Christmas tree lights. The break pedal was hard to press. The car would lock and the headlights were strong. No indications of a bad battery. We left the car over night. When I came back the car had lost all power. I was able to jump start it. I took the car to the dealership to have the batter tested. They said the batter was strong and they did not know why we were stranded. Anyone have any similar incidents?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sounds like the battery just got ran out of juice. If it tested good then it probably still has some life, but these cars suck so much power you can't sit with the engine off using the stereo like you could in cars 10+ years ago.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Some Piloteers have reported problems with the AGM battery.

It might be worthwhile stopping in at one of the local auto parts stores that offers free battery (and alternator) testing and getting a second opinion on the condition of your battery.
Test it with the headlights on, the rear defroster on and the ventilation fan on the highest speed.

Also, if the vehicle gets used mainly for short trips, consider getting a battery maintainer and using it to top off the charge on the battery periodically.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Sounds like the battery just got ran out of juice. If it tested good then it probably still has some life, but these cars suck so much power you can't sit with the engine off using the stereo like you could in cars 10+ years ago.
Yep, no more watching the "Submarine Races" and listening to music like the old days. Now all you get during any of those "serious conversational moments" is the sound of music from those tiny iPhone speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts