Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 19 Pilot Touring has an odd issue with the auto tilt feature for the side mirrors. When we move into reverse, the selected mirror tilts, but when we move back into drive it doesn't tilt back. We have to manually adjust it back to the previous position.

Anybody else seen this issue? For now, we just have the adjustment set to the middle so neither mirror tilts in reverse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
check your owners manual. I don't own a pilot but had a acura that did this. It was a feature that happened when the passenger side mirror switch was switched on that side for adjustment. I looked in the manual because I thought something was wrong, but its a feature that was to help back up. If you put the switch on for the passenger side adjustment then go in reverse it will flip down, but not go back up. Not sure if this is a feature in a Pilot, I ended up joining this forum because I was going to get a Pilot (30+ years of Honda) but bought something else instead.

·
Registered
63 Posts
@ Plectron

The mirror on your Acura, like the one on the Pilot, should go back up to the normal position when you shift out of reverse. The three position switch (left-off-right) that selects which mirror to adjust also selects which mirror tilts down in reverse. My 2007 Acura works exactly like our 2018 Pilot. Either driver or passenger side can the selected to tilt down, both return when out of neutral. I normally leave mine in the center off position unless I'm backing up next to a curb or other low obstruction.

If one of yours doesn't return to the up position you have a problem. After 12 years both of my Acura mirrors were getting jerky and not operating, or even adjusting, properly. You can order the adjuster mechanisms and replace them easily. I replaced both of mine in about 20 minutes, a good bit of which was getting the knack of getting the mirror glass popped off. Armed with the experience of doing the driver side and having the tools in hand It probably only took five minutes to do the passenger side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts