Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as my research has been able to discover, the only flush mount roof rails available for a 2017 Touring are silver. The dealer pre-installed them on mine before I purchased the car, and I think they look terrible. I'd like to replace them with black rails but so far, no luck finding any.

HOWEVER. I see now that the OEM 2017 flush mount roof rails are listed as also working for the 2019's. And BernardiParts has black flush mount roof rails (either the whole setup or just a replacement cover) in black for the 2019's. Any chance the 2019 *covers* will fit accurately on the 2017 base?

Also, has anyone installed flush mount roof rails themselves? The instructions I've been able to find say to attach the cover to the base with clips, but give no clue about how to get the clips in place. Do you just press the cover onto the base to get them in place? If the 2019 covers will fit my 2017 base, do I just pull up on the cover and the clips will detach (seems less-than secure to me)? Is doing this myself a stupid idea?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to take so long to reply - I've been out of town. I am happy to report that the 2019 black rail covers fit perfectly! But that's on my 2017. On your 2018 you should check to see if the 2019 *base* rail part numbers are the same as the 2018. If so, the black rails should fit just fine. And I do think they look much better than the plastic-y silver.

Now to get exterior door handles that match my dark cherry pearl paint instead of the chrome. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts