Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 3 Pilot. Great trucks. However, this one is much more full of electronics, which is great. The issue is the fuel gauge. Initially when I bought it, the gas gauge at full is showing 440 miles to empty. After going to the dealership for a couple of minor questions, the gauge at full, at best, showed 350. When pulling away from the pump, it would drop about 10 - 15 miles off the full gauge almost right away. Can someone explain to me will this get better or am I too much nip picking? Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Some of it makes sense: going to a dealer or waiting at the pump usually means waiting in line and idling which lowers your mpg average which in turn lowers the estimated distance to empty.

I would monitor the gas mileage and see if there are some clues there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
379 Posts
My 2019 always says about 344 give or take at full. Never hit 440 though. I'm guessing it's all BS and I wouldn't pay attention to it. I've never actually kept track of it but I think now I will to see how far I'm getting.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Whenever I reset the MPG in our '15's trip meter, the range does some crazy things until it gets some miles and normalizes. I probably wouldn't think twice about what you were seeing unless your real world numbers end up being outlandish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts