Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Honda Pilot will not start after sitting for several days. I have to wait about 15 mins, than it starts. I have put new batteries in the key fob and I still have this problem from time to time and I never know when it will happen.

Dealer says there is nothing wrong, but of course there must be a problem as a new Honda should start every time.

If you have had this problem, please advise if there is a solution...Thank you.
Mediawade, Chesapeake, VA

·
Registered
526 Posts
key FOB has nothing to do with the starting of the vehicle.
Unless you meant "Remote Starter"

My 2019 Honda Pilot will not start after sitting for several days. I have to wait about 15 mins, than it starts. I have put new batteries in the key fob and I still have this problem from time to time and I never know when it will happen.

Dealer says there is nothing wrong, but of course there must be a problem as a new Honda should start every time.
That "dealer" has brain dead technicians ?

What do you do for "15 minutes" ?
Put the key in and turn to | or || position ?
Sing to the vehicle for 15 minutes ?
Give the vehicle a bath ?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,277 Posts
Have you left the vehicle with the dealer for several days? It is hard to diagnose and issue if you can't replicate the issue. If they can't replicate the issue then to them it is fine.

Also define "won't start." Does that mean it will crank but not fire up or does that mean zip, zero, nada, nothing happens at all, no noise, no crank, nothing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
key FOB has nothing to do with the starting of the vehicle.
Unless you meant "Remote Starter"

That "dealer" has brain dead technicians ?

What do you do for "15 minutes" ?
Put the key in and turn to | or || position ?
Sing to the vehicle for 15 minutes ?
Give the vehicle a bath ?
Oh yes, I do sing to it, but it's not nice...😅

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
signing off for not...will check back later....Thanks and will let you know if there is an answer...

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
First thought, check all the ground connections, fuse connections and starter connections. Second thought, starter beginning to fail.

I had a starter that did the same thing for a while on another vehicle, try it, nothing, go back a few minutes later it would start. One day, nothing, a few minutes later, nothing, a few hours later, nothing. New starter under warranty. Problem solved. Good luck with the issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts

If you have had this problem, please advise if there is a solution...Thank you.
Mediawade, Chesapeake, VA
You might get more responses from actual PILOT owners, if you posted this isuue in the PILOT forum, unless, of course, you wanted PASSPORT owners opinions on what is happening with your PILOT... Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
You might get more responses from actual PILOT owners, if you posted this isuue in the PILOT forum, unless, of course, you wanted PASSPORT owners opinions on what is happening with your PILOT... Cheers!
Did you bother to look at the forum header where the OP posted their question??? This is the Piloteers Forum. It may be the wrong sub forum, but around here we just try to help people with problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I noticed my error but I was in a hurry I guess. Actually, it still won’t start which is a real mystery to me. After the dealer tomorrow if I can get it there. I’ll post what they fine. Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, back from the Honda dealer and they are replacing the alternator. Not sure if that is THE problem as way my Pilot will not start every once i n a while, but it's a start...:rolleyes: And BTW, the service Dept told me they got the last one from the warehouse in NJ, so maybe that says something....
TBC...

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
OK, back from the Honda dealer and they are replacing the alternator. Not sure if that is THE problem as way my Pilot will not start every once i n a while, but it's a start...:rolleyes: And BTW, the service Dept told me they got the last one from the warehouse in NJ, so maybe that says something....
TBC...
Hopefully this takes care of the issue. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Back home with my Pilot and a new alternator...sooo, we will see if that fixed my "sometimes" no start problem....
thanks for all your input and I will let you know if I have any more start problems..
Over & Out!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you bother to look at the forum header where the OP posted their question??? This is the Piloteers Forum. It may be the wrong sub forum, but around here we just try to help people with problems.
Yes RICHARD, I did bother to look and unlike you I was trying to help the guy, has anyone around here tried to help you with YOUR anger problems?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My final post...so far all is well with my Pilot starting problem...
iF it happens again I'll post, but if not , that means all is good.

Drive safe and have fun!!

Thanks for the posts and ideas!!

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
Glad to hear that it sounds like the problem is fixed. Let's hope so anyway. Enjoy the ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts