Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2019 pilot with intermittent water leaks on the driver’s side

1079 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  OnMySecondPilot
my 2019 pilot has been in and out of the dealership 8 times in the last 2 years trying to determine the source of a water leak. They seem to have solved one of the leaks at the A pillar but cannot find the source of the secondary leak. The secondary leak has water puddling in the molding that is found beneath the steering column. Once enough water collects there it drips onto the driver’s floor mat. They have taken the windshield off and resealed it at least 4 times. Last July they opted to replace the windshield but that didn’t seem to stop the leak by the A pillar so they opted to do some type of seam weld. i hadn’t found any water in the car until a week ago and they are stumped as to where it’s coming from. I popped the hood this past Friday as it had rained Thursday and while there was no water in the car, the hood liner was wet and I found drops of water in the filter cover wells and a puddle sitting on top of the motor. I am baffled as to how a car sitting in a driveway overnight ( ie not being driven) would be collecting water in the hood liner. When I brought it to the dealer the tech popped the hood of a sitting honda and the hood liner was bone dry and no water could be seen on any component. any thoughts in the forum on this seemingly unique condition?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
my 2019 pilot has been in and out of the dealership 8 times in the last 2 years trying to determine the source of a water leak. They seem to have solved one of the leaks at the A pillar but cannot find the source of the secondary leak. The secondary leak has water puddling in the molding that is found beneath the steering column. Once enough water collects there it drips onto the driver’s floor mat. They have taken the windshield off and resealed it at least 4 times. Last July they opted to replace the windshield but that didn’t seem to stop the leak by the A pillar so they opted to do some type of seam weld. i hadn’t found any water in the car until a week ago and they are stumped as to where it’s coming from. I popped the hood this past Friday as it had rained Thursday and while there was no water in the car, the hood liner was wet and I found drops of water in the filter cover wells and a puddle sitting on top of the motor. I am baffled as to how a car sitting in a driveway overnight ( ie not being driven) would be collecting water in the hood liner. When I brought it to the dealer the tech popped the hood of a sitting honda and the hood liner was bone dry and no water could be seen on any component. any thoughts in the forum on this seemingly unique condition?
Last summer I had a leak that also puddled under the steering column and then dripped on the floor. Electrical damage occurred under the dash, and it was expensive to repair. The dealer thought it was the seal around the windshield, and that has now been replaced. However, the season for heavy rains has come back, and it began dripping under the steering column again today. I am hopeful that someone on this forum knows the problem and solution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.