Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a similar issue with previous year Pilots, but I've recently experienced it with my 2019 Touring.

Using carplay, all sound zapped out mid-drive (loud click and then no sound/radio/phone/bluetooth), which has happened previously. Upon getting home I turned off car (usually turning car off and then back on will fix the issue). This time, head unit stayed on. When opening door the screen stayed active, and I could interact with it. I tried system update (just clicking around) and it said I couldn't update while car was in motion. Car was completely off...

I left the car and came back 20 minutes later, (car doors locked and all), and head unit was still active.

I started car up and brought it to dealer. Issue persisted when I got there thankfully. They needed to do a master reset (fancy way to say disconnected battery).

I've read phone chargers can cause this? Dealer wasn't helpful, just said to bring it back if I had a similar issue.

Any ideas/other recent experiences?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I saw a similar issue with previous year Pilots, but I've recently experienced it with my 2019 Touring.

Using carplay, all sound zapped out mid-drive (loud click and then no sound/radio/phone/bluetooth), which has happened previously. Upon getting home I turned off car (usually turning car off and then back on will fix the issue). This time, head unit stayed on. When opening door the screen stayed active, and I could interact with it. I tried system update (just clicking around) and it said I couldn't update while car was in motion. Car was completely off...

I left the car and came back 20 minutes later, (car doors locked and all), and head unit was still active.

I started car up and brought it to dealer. Issue persisted when I got there thankfully. They needed to do a master reset (fancy way to say disconnected battery).

I've read phone chargers can cause this? Dealer wasn't helpful, just said to bring it back if I had a similar issue.

Any ideas/other recent experiences?
I had the same issue with my 2019 Elite. Take a look at this forum, while it doesn't provide a root cause you can force the entertainment system to restart by plugging in a USB keyboard and doing the old 'ctrl+alt+del' method. Worked for me.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I think you can also pull fuse #29 which is under the hood. This will reset the radio and you don't have to carry around a keyboard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts