Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Pilot Touring 7 passenger. It does not have running boards, but I have several older, shorter women friends who could benefit from running boards. A few use a little step I provide to get into the vehicle. I have looked online and see that Honda Pilot running boards are pretty expensive. I would appreciate feedback on whether others have purchased after market running boards, or Honda running boards that were a bit more reasonably priced and where they were purchased. From looking online, it looks like installation wouldn't be too difficult. Thank you!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have a 2019 Pilot Touring 7 passenger. It does not have running boards, but I have several older, shorter women friends who could benefit from running boards. A few use a little step I provide to get into the vehicle. I have looked online and see that Honda Pilot running boards are pretty expensive. I would appreciate feedback on whether others have purchased after market running boards, or Honda running boards that were a bit more reasonably priced and where they were purchased. From looking online, it looks like installation wouldn't be too difficult. Thank you!
Hello and welcome to the forum and becoming a Pilot owner!

There are numerous posts about running boards if you would do a SEARCH using the box that is located to the right of where it says PILOTEERS.org at the top or the page. Just put in your key word and search for either the entire site or just for this forum (3rd Generation Pilot).

Here is just one result of a quick search. This post has over 340 replies so that should get you started in your search. I do not have running boards but recall reading that the Honda ones with lights have some failures with the lights.

Running Boards Questions and Answers

Reactions: Dixie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Installed the Honda OEM lighted running boards and dont regret it at all. Also added the tailgate welcome lights, so approach to vehicle is very well lit and wife loves it.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I have the Aries ones on my '19 Elite and purchased them for the same reason. My wife is only 5'1" and her mother is even shorter.

Here are some pics:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts