Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Pilot Touring and as of yesterday, I am now on my 3rd battery. I am quite annoyed. I only have 2500 miles on the car and it is just under 11 months old. The dealer has replaced 2 batteries under warranty, but, I don't feel this vehicle is reliable any more. The original battery started giving me the big warning about turn everything off, etc. when the car had about 1100 miles on it. I took it on a 30 minute drive to make sure it would get charged up, but, it didn't help. The warnings continued, but, the car did start. At 1275 miles, I had the car at my local tire and service shop and asked about the battery warning. They did a long, slow charge and it did not hold the charge. The dealer took 2 days to diagnose, but they replaced the battery in the end. Yesterday, I got stranded at Costco and had to call AAA. I tried to call the Honda Roadside Service, but it was a nightmare. I was very happy I had AAA. They were out in 20 minutes. They ran 2 tests and it came up 'Replace Battery.' They also tested the alternator and that test was fine. I took it directly to the Honda dealer. The dealer put in battery #3 under warranty.

I have seen other posts where Pilot owners caution that short trips can cause battery problems, but, I find it hard to believe it would totally kill batteries. Wouldn't a charge revive it? I am retired and I do drive mostly short errand trips and since the COVID-19 lockdown, I drive even less.

Wondering if other owners have had this problem? I intend to write to American Honda and complain, as I feel this expensive vehicle is no longer reliable. I appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Oops. I should've posted my reply on this thread, but here you go!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts