Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2019 Pilot Touring (Elite) troubles

6K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  zroger73 
#1 ·
We bought a 2019 Pilot Touring (we are in Canada equivalent to Elite model in US) with low KMS a few weeks ago. We purchased it from a Honda dealership and when we drove it off the lot we realized a few of the extra features were not work:

1. Drivers side power mirror was not folding all the way in when button was pressed (passenger side was).
2. We could hear the cooling seats turn on but we could not feel cold air coming out.
3. Fuel tank door release button not working.

The vehicle was also going to the right when driving so we assumed it needed an alignment.

We returned the vehicle to the Honda dealership where we purchased last Monday. They gave me a rental car and assured us everything was covered under warranty.

Its now a week later and the vehicle is still not ready. They are telling us that it needs a whole new fuse box and that is affecting the fuel tank cover not releasing. The driver side mirror needs to be replaced and they are waiting on the part. They say they can find no issue with the cooling seat.

The vehicle going to the left they say it needed a new steering column then alignment.

They are telling me now it won't be ready till at least the end of the week and even then they aren't sure if they will have the side mirror in (but the rest of the issues will be fixed).

Has anyone ever had any of these problems with their pilot? I am now very suspicious as this has under 25,000KM (15,000Miles) on it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the Forum, your issues are not new with 3rd Gen Pilot, i have hard the almost the same issues with my 2016 Touring (Canadian), my car has been pulling to the right since day one and they did alignment 7 times and replaced the tires twice to no solution. The cooling seats are not cooling seats but rather ventilated and when it's really hot in the car it does almost nothing.

Reactions: GLMom
#7 ·
Thanks! Damn that sucks. We noticed the car pulling to the right when we test drove it before purchase. We mentioned to the sales guy and he promised an alignment would be done. It wasn't (we only learned of this after we drove it off the lot and demanded the service history) and now they are saying it needed a new drive shaft?

#5 ·
2. We could hear the cooling seats turn on but we could not feel cold air coming out.
A few things here:
  1. If you're off the seat and use just your hand over the perforations, I don't believe you can feel air coming out of the ventilated seats. This is normal. When the air in the car is relatively cool, and on max vented seat power, I can sit on the seat and feel air moving between my legs.
  2. I can 100% attest that running the vented seats for more than 5 minutes makes a significant different in my comfort, like night and day difference, to the point where my butt is cool when i stand up.
  3. It does not feel like cooled seats, which are much faster to get cold, get much colder, and need to be turned down to prevent me from getting way too cold.
  4. As enisad said, if the air in the car is hot, they really won't do anything until the AC has had time to cool the air.
Finally, my advice is run them on max power every time you get in the car for 5-10 drives, then leave them off for a 30 min drive. You'll miss them.

#13 ·
The car has a clean car proof. I have no proof that it was in an accident or I was mislead when I purchased it.

Accidents in Canada legally need to be reported if the damage is greater then $1000. You could get away with not reporting an accident and pay cash under the table. Normally in this case when people don't report it is just a very minor accident.

#25 ·
Per Honda:
When will Honda Care coverage begin?
Some benefits start from the purchase date of the service contract, while repair coverage¹ will begin right after the Honda Limited Warranty expires.

¹ Exclusions include, but are not limited to, body parts, tires, maintenance items, glass, upholstery, trim, carpeting and ornamentation. Claims cannot exceed the cash value of the vehicle.

#26 ·
If you can’t exchange your car out, it makes sense to get the warranty. If I were you, I’d get the warranty closer to the end of the original warranty to take advantage of “some benefits” as stated in the post from daltongang above.

#27 ·
it looks like here in 🇨🇦 I have very little options when it comes to lemon laws. I am stuck with this vehicle unfortunately for now. I pray when I get it back many of these issues have been fixed but I am not holding my breath.

the Honda dealership we trust has told us this is all very suspicious because they have not seen any of these issues on the 2019 model. In hindsight I should have held out until this local dealership got the vehicle I wanted in and bought from them.

yes, here in Canada you can buy the extended warranty from any dealership. The prices are listed online on Honda.ca . I didn’t realize you could shop around with different dealership and get a lower price on Honda care.

The original 3 year 60,000km warranty will expire Sept 2021. I only drive 20,000km/year and I will hit the date before I hit the 60,000km.

#29 ·
When you get the car back from the shop, I would have your trusted dealer service dept inspect the vehicle. They should be able to pull the service records on the VIN. You can make a decision on a service policy based on the inspection report and service history. Was this a Honda CPO vehicle?

#31 ·
no, it is not CPO.
To be honest we looked at several 2018 and 2019 pilots. Most that we looked at we were told if they still had at least 1/2 of their factory warranty remaining they did not certify them unless owner requested it (and ie paid for it or worked it into cost of vehicle).

looking back I wish we would have negotiated to have it CPO. My husband didn’t think it needed to be done at the time because only a year old, it’s a Honda and we had no issues with out odyssey. Big mistake on our part!

#33 ·
We bought a 2019 Pilot Touring (we are in Canada equivalent to Elite model in US) with low KMS a few weeks ago. We purchased it from a Honda dealership and when we drove it off the lot we realized a few of the extra features were not work:

1. Drivers side power mirror was not folding all the way in when button was pressed (passenger side was).
3. Fuel tank door release button not working.

The vehicle was also going to the right when driving so we assumed it needed an alignment.

We returned the vehicle to the Honda dealership where we purchased last Monday. They gave me a rental car and assured us everything was covered under warranty.

Its now a week later and the vehicle is still not ready. They are telling us that it needs a whole new fuse box and that is affecting the fuel tank cover not releasing. The driver side mirror needs to be replaced and they are waiting on the part. They say they can find no issue with the cooling seat.

The vehicle going to the left they say it needed a new steering column then alignment.

They are telling me now it won't be ready till at least the end of the week and even then they aren't sure if they will have the side mirror in (but the rest of the issues will be fixed).

Has anyone ever had any of these problems with their pilot? I am now very suspicious as this has under 25,000KM (15,000Miles) on it.
Can I ask which dealer did you buy it from? What color is it?

#35 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know all of the issues I reported in the first post have been fixed under warranty.
We did not get an explanation of why the vehicle needed a new steering column but none the less they did it and alignment and it’s driving perfectly.

The cooling seats have been a disappointment so far. They say they are working but we barely notice a difference when they are on.

I will be buying the extended warranty through the dealership I normally visit just for piece of mind.

#36 ·
It could be that the ventilated seats in the Pilot just suck, or maybe they might not work on yours. You should try putting a tissue or something on the seat while the ventilated seats are on. If the tissue stays there, then they work. If it doesn’t then it won’t work. This video explains it:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.