Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our family is growing and need second row to accommodate 3rd car seat. It has second row captain seats. Is it possible to swap the captain seats with bench seats and or swap the middle cup holder with bench with seat belt possibly ? Does Honda sells the second row bench to replace captain seats ? Or any aftermarket solution ? Thank you all.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Good morning and welcome! Here is a link to a previous similar question about replacing the second row seats with something else. In this case he wanted to go from bench to captain chairs, but should be relevant to your question. The parts can usually be found searching car-part.com or other salvage yards.

Switching second row seats

The bolt holes may be in place already. When the floor pans are pressed the holes are usually drilled and threaded during the process for all seat options. Each floor pan isn't made specifically for one or the other type of seat to be installed. I have worked in various automotive stamping and assembly plants and seen this, but can't say for sure about Honda.

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
If the bolt holes are in the floor and you can make the swap to bench seat, the other problem becomes the center seat belt. The shoulder strap comes down from the ceiling.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,848 Posts
Welcome and thanks for registering at piloteers.org. We are glad you have chosen to be part of the community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Please take a moment to look over the FAQ section. If you need assistance please use the “message” function to contact any staff member.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register at the Honda Owners web site. It is full of information you may find useful about your particular Honda vehicle(s).

Enjoy and all the best,

Daltongang

·
Registered
813 Posts
You'll not only have to worry about the seatbelt, but the heated seats and the one touch third row access complicate things more. I'm hoping it's just a cable you unplug, but I'm worried that they won't work properly. You'll also have to find a seat from a touring in the same color as the rest of your seats which may be pretty difficult to find.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Should be very easy to swap the seats, but adding the middle shoulder belt could be a pain to do. There will likely be many Pilot owners (and MDX owners) with second row bench seat that would jump at the chance for a swap.

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
Should be very easy to swap the seats, but adding the middle shoulder belt could be a pain to do. There will likely be many Pilot owners (and MDX owners) with second row bench seat that would jump at the chance for a swap.
My wife says she wants captain's chairs on the 2nd row. They recline all the way back versus bench that does not.

Reactions: Sleepwalker65

·
Registered
126 Posts
With a 2019 used pilot touring currently being worth more (if you sell to Carvana) than the cost of buying a new 21, it will most likely be better to simply trade up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With a 2019 used pilot touring currently being worth more (if you sell to Carvana) than the cost of buying a new 21, it will most likely be better to simply trade up.
Carvana actually gave me 3k lower compare to what kbb suggested trade in value. So that’s not an option. New same car will cost me 10k more thn tradein and I don’t want to do that. Anyone knows what can I do as for middle seatbelt ?

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,317 Posts
Unfortunately, to do the second belt, not only requires a seat belt etc, but a new headliner.

at a certain point in time and cost, it’s worth giving serious consideration to trading in.

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
Unfortunately, to do the second belt, not only requires a seat belt etc, but a new headliner.

at a certain point in time and cost, it’s worth giving serious consideration to trading in.
Or buy a salvage Pilot at auction.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Pilot EX-L (Taffeta White)
12 Posts
What color is your interior? I have the black leather in a 2017 EXL. I might be up for a trade if you are near me.

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
How Salvage pilot can help ?
If you can not find the interior you want/need at a junk yard (searchable at www.car-part.com), you could buy a salvage Pilot at auction. Take what you want out. Sell or auction the rest. More headache this way, but possible.
States have different laws on salvage vehicles, plus auction fees. There is a lot of info on Copart.com on how to do this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's where you're going to get the seat from. Nobody would take apart a car this new unless it was in an accident.
Got it. Thanks. But still trying to think how would I solve the 3rd seat belt issue :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts