Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have watched a zillion videos ...wore out my users guide , just received the free owners manual . Taken it to two dealerships ...first where I purchased the vehicle brand new for $40k would NOT do a hard reboot or pull fuses. The second dealership did as I asked and now my auto idle stop now works but not the auto high beams! Will the auto high beam symbol be illuminated on your dash at night time noting the system is activated and ready to go OR does the symbol only pop up when the the high beams are actually turning on and off?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Are you referring to the 700 plus page owner's manual? If so, how did you get it? I asked my salesman about a full version and he said all I could get is the on online.

The Auto High beams require some in depth actions on your part in order to turn them on or off. From what I have read, you have to follow a few steps including pulling the stalk for about 40 seconds if I recall. you also have to have the switch in the Auto position and the low beams on?

It is explained around page 38 of the small owner's manual. You also have to be driving over 45 MPH for them to work.

Turning the System On or Off Make sure the headlight lever is in the low beam position with the switch rotated to the AUTO position. The auto high beam system indicator comes on. To disable the system: Pull and hold the headlight lever toward you for about 40 seconds, until the indicator flashes twice. To enable the system: Pull and hold the headlight lever toward you for about 30 seconds, until the indicator flashes once. To temporarily cancel operation, do either of the following: • Flash the high beams by moving the lever toward you. Flash the high beams again to resume auto high beam operation. • Engage high beams by moving the lever into the high beam position. Return the lever to the low beam position to resume auto high beam operation. If you find the timing of beam changes inconvenient for driving, change the beams manually.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have watched a zillion videos ...wore out my users guide , just received the free owners manual . Taken it to two dealerships ...first where I purchased the vehicle brand new for $40k would NOT do a hard reboot or pull fuses. The second dealership did as I asked and now my auto idle stop now works but not the auto high beams! Will the auto high beam symbol be illuminated on your dash at night time noting the system is activated and ready to go OR does the symbol only pop up when the the high beams are actually turning on and off?
Yes, the auto high beam symbol will be illuminated on your dash at night time noting the system is activated and ready.
As noted earlier, you must reach the 45 MPH threshold to activate the auto high beam.
Once you’ve met the MPH threshold, the auto high beam feature will continue to work even at lower speeds.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you referring to the 700 plus page owner's manual? If so, how did you get it? I asked my salesman about a full version and he said all I could get is the on online.

The Auto High beams require some in depth actions on your part in order to turn them on or off. From what I have read, you have to follow a few steps including pulling the stalk for about 40 seconds if I recall. you also have to have the switch in the Auto position and the low beams on?

It is explained around page 38 of the small owner's manual. You also have to be driving over 45 MPH for them to work.

Turning the System On or Off Make sure the headlight lever is in the low beam position with the switch rotated to the AUTO position. The auto high beam system indicator comes on. To disable the system: Pull and hold the headlight lever toward you for about 40 seconds, until the indicator flashes twice. To enable the system: Pull and hold the headlight lever toward you for about 30 seconds, until the indicator flashes once. To temporarily cancel operation, do either of the following: • Flash the high beams by moving the lever toward you. Flash the high beams again to resume auto high beam operation. • Engage high beams by moving the lever into the high beam position. Return the lever to the low beam position to resume auto high beam operation. If you find the timing of beam changes inconvenient for driving, change the beams manually.
From the owners.honda.com website...

A printed Owner's Manual, Navigation Manual, and Warranty Booklet are complimentary to the first registered owner, up to six months after vehicle purchase. These manuals require a valid VIN and mailing address. Order now
To request a complimentary Rear Entertainment System Booklet in Braille for your 2019 Pilot or Odyssey, select here
To purchase printed manuals, you can order online or contact:
Helm Incorporated

(800) 782-4356
M-F 8AM – 6PM EST

Delivery time is approximately five weeks. To save paper and time, you can download the latest manuals now.

https://owners.honda.com/manualrequest/2019/Pilot

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thank you, Weezer for the link to order the manuals. I had registered on the Honda Owner's site last week. I must have overlooked it somehow. Just went ahead and ordered them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank You Weezer

From the owners.honda.com website...

A printed Owner's Manual, Navigation Manual, and Warranty Booklet are complimentary to the first registered owner, up to six months after vehicle purchase. These manuals require a valid VIN and mailing address. Order now
To request a complimentary Rear Entertainment System Booklet in Braille for your 2019 Pilot or Odyssey, select here
To purchase printed manuals, you can order online or contact:
Helm Incorporated

(800) 782-4356
M-F 8AM – 6PM EST

Delivery time is approximately five weeks. To save paper and time, you can download the latest manuals now.

https://owners.honda.com/manualrequest/2019/Pilot

The link is very appreciated

·
Registered
270 Posts
It is also important to note, in addition to all that has been said, that it will not automatically come on if it senses light from your immediate environment, like light from oncoming vehicles. It is designed to only come on when there are no vehicles in front of you so you don’t blind them with the full lights on. It either stays off until it’s all dark around you with no other noticeable light around you or cut off when it senses light after it has come on. It has been correctly mentioned that it also doesn’t come on at speeds below 45 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts