Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At random, usually first thing in the morning, my wife’s 19 Pilot touring model will pop/crackle static thru the speakers. It does it really loud when the doors lock leaving the driveway. I know this sounds weird, but it happens. Has anyone else had this issue, or anything like it? The head unit/screen works fine. Just the static coming through speakers when door locks. Also cruising down the road it sounds like the speakers are popping at random. It sounds exactly like glass running fixing to shatter. I’ve looked everywhere. Don’t see any cracks in windshield or anything. I’m at a loss. Any help/leads would be appreciated.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I don't have the issue, thankfully, but did it happen when you were using CarPlay/ Android Auto? I want to see if a lot of people are having issues when they use Phone projection.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
I have not experienced it either, but there's a post about it, try searching the community for "“Random Electrical Snapping/Cracking Sound - Elite". I hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have the issue, thankfully, but did it happen when you were using CarPlay/ Android Auto? I want to see if a lot of people are having issues when they use Phone projection.
Nothing to do with Apple or Android on her vehicle. It’s definitely something electrical. I did finally see the other post, it said something about a circuit board? It wasn’t very specific. Her Pilot sounds like tiny rocks pecking the windshield at all times. Like she’s behind a log truck or dump truck getting debris all over her car. It does it driving and stopped. You can notice it real bad usually first thing in the morning, when the automatic locks lock with speed, it sounds like someone threw a rock at the windshield. It’sdefinitely some sort of electrical interference I believe. Just don’t know where to start.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will also add this, I thought maybe I was going crazy. When it was like a week old, if we left the key fob in the vehicle, it would do that annoying beep like crazy. Then when we’d take it out, it’d do the same thing. Well now it won’t beep if we leave the key fob in the vehicle, but it still does it, say I have the key fob, and my wife is still getting out, if I’m 3-4 feet away, the beeping goes off like crazy again. I can’t make sense of it. This Pilot has definitely done some strange things at random.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It’s sad how so many people are having the same issue, and Honda still hasn’t recalled it for made a fix for it. Are your door lock noises coming from the speakers? The locks on my Pilot are pretty loud too, but I don’t have any electrical issues with mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been having the issues with apple carplay. Its always random when i start play song on spotfiy the cracking sound comes out of nowhere and it sometimes happens when i just listening to the radio too. I took it the dealership all they did is reset the infotainment system, but couple weeks later it started happening it again. I a have 2019 EX-L model.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've been having the issues with apple carplay. Its always random when i start play song on spotfiy the cracking sound comes out of nowhere and it sometimes happens when i just listening to the radio too. I took it the dealership all they did is reset the infotainment system, but couple weeks later it started happening it again. I a have 2019 EX-L model.
EX-L with or without RES?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Touring AWD, I had this issue for a while and was really annoyed, it's GPS setting that's causing this, it's POI setting that makes a noise in the speaker, when you drive near a POI, I disabled it and that fixed the speaker popping.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a 2017 Touring AWD, I had this issue for a while and was really annoyed, it's GPS setting that's causing this, it's POI setting that makes a noise in the speaker, when you drive near a POI, I disabled it and that fixed the speaker popping.
The 2019 and 2020 Pilots have this issue. I’m not sure if the 2017 issues are even related to the newer infotainment, but it doesn’t hurt to try.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the same random ticking coming from my speakers. I took the vehicle (2019 Touring) back to the dealer to get that looked at and correct erratic shifting at lower speeds. The dealer installed new software in the transmission controller and it completely fixed the shifting issue - very smooth now. The weird thing is it also corrected the speaker ticking. Not one tick in over a month and it used to do this several times a day. The dealer swears they didn't start work on the ticking issue (they said it might take several days to track down, so I said I would reschedule at a later date).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Update to my prior post. The Pilot popped a couple more times after the above work. I took the vehicle back to the dealer and they installed new software (different from the transmission software) and checked all the connectors under the dash. Evidently this is the official Honda cure as my Pilot hasn't popped once since the work was done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts