Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New infotainment system software popped up yesterday for wife's 19 Pilot
Looks like this would be applicable to 2019+ Passports & Pilots

SOFTWARE VERSION B.1.4.4
This software contains the following updates:
Bug Fixes
• Unfortunately, com.honda.auto.hars has stopped, appears after turning ignition ON.
• System displays Process system isn’t responding, followed a by system reboot when connecting a broken or non-
functioning USB device.
• Random system reboot or app crash after pressing the Voice Recognition switch.
• Android Auto route is cancelled after a short ignition cycle.
• Unfortunately, com.honda.telephonyservice has stopped, appears after turning ignition ON when connected via
Bluetooth to an iPhone device.
• Software Management, application crash appears during a corrupted Over the Air update via WiFi or USB.
• Unfortunately, Rear Entertainment has stopped, appear after switching between the Home screen and the rear
entertainment system RES app.
• SiriusXM returns to the first preset, after ignition ON and selecting next preset from steering wheel switch.
• Android Auto music momentarily drops, when switching from the Android Auto app to a different source.
• Over the Air update notification icon is shown when there are no updates available.
Improvements
• Implemented Over the Air updates via WiFi method only campaigns.
• Increased System pre-install timeout, to mitigate Update Failed Code:57D during software pre-installation.
• Automatically reconnect to Bluetooth device, after user turns off – on Bluetooth connection on device settings.
• Removed Bluetooth friendly device name from system error logs, to media access control (MAC) address.
• Automatically transfer from Handset to handsfree mode when call enters “DIALING” state.
• Removed Bluetooth Hands Free Profile (HFP) dependency for allowing Android Auto to connect.
• Text update from “Changes which doors unlock when you grab the driver's door handle.” to “Changes which doors
unlock when you access the vehicle.” For US/UK English, Korean, French, Spanish, Arab.
• Apply patch to fix security vulnerability for Android Auto. Mitigate the risk of an application being created, that would
cause memory corruption to the System when a device is connected to the vehicle via Android Auto.
• Improve phonebook import, if user selects Do not Allow for access to contacts and phone logs at initial Bluetooth
pairing.

·
Registered
960 Posts
What model is her 2019 Pilot? I have a 2019 Touring and no update received other than the one for upgrading from the 3G network. That was only for Touring and above models 2019 and newer I believe. Looking around someone posted this update on the Odyssey Forum and it is the update for the 3G network along with the items you have listed.

·
Registered
'22 Pilot Elite, '09 RL RTL, '05 MDX Touring
41 Posts
I very clearly have the B.1.3.4 software installed in my 2022 model (from the About System screen) and, yet, it finds no updates available via WiFi or via USB. I wonder if this is some sort of phased roll-out.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I very clearly have the B.1.3.4 software installed in my 2022 model (from the About System screen) and, yet, it finds no updates available via WiFi or via USB. I wonder if this is some sort of phased roll-out.
It might be a phased roll out. Another owner posted he had received an in car notification about the update and I posted I had not. It took about a week or so before I received the in car notification of the same update he had a week earlier. I also thought some 2022 models didn't require the update because the correct one had been installed at the factory. I would think however the about system would show the new update number. Might want to check with your dealer since they can install the update also if you need it.

Reactions: hokiefyd

·
Registered
'22 Pilot Elite, '09 RL RTL, '05 MDX Touring
41 Posts
I would think however the about system would show the new update number.
Yes, I'm thinking the new update version number of B.1.4.4 is a clear indicator that our current software (B.1.3.4) is an increment behind. I'm not super concerned about it...it does seem like our 2022 model does have the 4G software installed, based on some text tags I found in the .json update file. I'll check back in a week or two for the new software and perhaps check in with the dealer if nothing appears just to be sure.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yes, I'm thinking the new update version number of B.1.4.4 is a clear indicator that our current software (B.1.3.4) is an increment behind. I'm not super concerned about it...it does seem like our 2022 model does have the 4G software installed, based on some text tags I found in the .json update file. I'll check back in a week or two for the new software and perhaps check in with the dealer if nothing appears just to be sure.
Yes, I would find out for sure since Honda is saying if the update isn't made, some functions of the HondaLink such as emergency calling will not take place if needed. I think a date in February is the time frame to be able to update. Past that date you have to pay over $400.00 for a new piece of hardware to make it work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What model is her 2019 Pilot? I have a 2019 Touring and no update received other than the one for upgrading from the 3G network. That was only for Touring and above models 2019 and newer I believe. Looking around someone posted this update on the Odyssey Forum and it is the update for the 3G network along with the items you have listed.
I have a 2019 Pilot Elite.. The car was running before I started the update.. It ran for the 20 minutes they suggested, and seemed to finish ok.. A couple of days later, I needed to navigate to a saved location, and discovered that all my recent addresses and saved addresses are Gone.. The GPS totaly re-initialized. I tried Honda, and local dealer, and I am getting nowhere.. I am relatively disappointed..

·
Registered
960 Posts
My 2019 Touring did not wipe out any of my saved locations on the navigation after I did the update. I have read where others did have that happen such as in your case. I checked my version number this morning and I do have B.1.4.4 showing.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Here is the TSB for doing the software update.
TSB 22-001 - Product Improvement: Multi-Model 3G OTA TCU Software Update.

Attachments

Reactions: hokiefyd
1 - 9 of 9 Posts