#1.
Manufacturer Safety-related recall issued
Recall #Y7Y 2019-20 Multimodel Front Control Box
OTA Update Noncompliance

#2.
Manufacturer Safety-related recall issued
Recall #T89 2018-21 Multimodel Gauge Control
Module SW Update Noncompliance

Called dealer and it's a software update that has to be done by the dealer (separate from the firmware update that got released yesterday)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Didn't we talk about the OTA software update in a separate thread? I don't see why it has to be done at the dealer? Unless it is a totally different update.

I am not sure about the second software update.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a 2020 Pilot yesterday, and the dealer called to let me know there would be a delay because they were performing a recall that required software update(s). They were able to get both done in 45 minutes or so.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't we talk about the software update in a separate thread? I don't see why it has to be done at the dealer? Unless it is a totally different update.
I have no idea, called the dealer and they said it's different from a software firmware update...

·
Registered
111 Posts
There is an OTA update to the Infotainment SW which owners can pull down over wifi at home. There is a separate SW update to the Gauge Module. The Gauge Module has to be removed to perform the re-flash and must be worked by the dealer.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I went to the Honda website and looked up recalls. You can look up recalls either by year and model or VIN. I did the VIN and it came back with no recall for that VIN.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to the Honda website and looked up recalls. You can look up recalls either by year and model or VIN. I did the VIN and it came back with no recall for that VIN.
That website is not accurate. I did that too and my vin came out with no recall pending. Then i checked carfax and it showed my vin has these 2 recalls pending. So I called the dealer and gave them my vin to confirm.. sure enough the 2 recalls were opened under my vin.

So call your dealer

·
Registered
33 Posts
That website is not accurate. I did that too and my vin came out with no recall pending. Then i checked carfax and it showed my vin has these 2 recalls pending. So I called the dealer and gave them my vin to confirm.. sure enough the 2 recalls were opened under my vin.

So call your dealer
I had an appointment to have this done tomorrow, but I cancelled. I want the
To have a few more under their belt before the work on mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had an appointment to have this done tomorrow, but I cancelled. I want the
To have a few more under their belt before the work on mine.
I'm trying to understand your concern. It's just a software update, so there's not a lot to mess up AFAIK. They did mine before I took delivery last week.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Is there a way to see accurate recalls without paying the $30 (or whatever it is) for CarFax?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
call the dealership > ask to speak to service and provide them your VIN. They will tell you what recall is pending

·
Registered
664 Posts
It’s my understanding that they need to remove the gauge cluster to do the update for that part of the recall
I have read it is only an update using a Honda Combimeter Reflash tool as mentioned in the service bulletin I posted earlier. Nothing about having to remove the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,908 Posts
Getting mine done in the morning on my 2020 Passport Touring. Was advised it is just a software update and will take 30 minutes to do.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Sitting at the dealer now. There doing the update. Sunny & 68 degrees in the shade, which is where I am sitting right now. Let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Took 47 minutes from the time I drove into the shop until the time they pulled it out of the car wash. Pretty painless recall In my book.

·
Registered
105 Posts
After the recall visit, how can I confirm the software has been updated/corrected? By version number?

Very often dealers assign easy tasks to inexperienced trainees. They may / may not have done the job correctly.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts