Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving for a period time the radio in my 2019 Pilot cuts out and a Check Tuner message appears on the screen. The radio totally does not work...AM, FM, Sirus). The radio will work turn back on after shutting down and restarting the vehicle. The dealer did a radio reset at the 5,000 mile check-up but the problem remains. At the most recent 10,000 mile check-up the dealer informed me that Honda will be issuing a software update to fix the problem. Can anyone with the same "Check Tuner" problem confirm the software update is forthcoming?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RossoKelly,

Thank you for your feedback. I will give it a try. Did the pulling and reinserting the fuse permanently fix the problem?

Picture attached for reference.

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
185 Posts
Yea had the same issue. Pop the hood, go to the passenger side fuse box (in the engine compartment) and pull fuse #29, wait 30 sec, and replace. Should resolve the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zmarke01,

Thank you. Question...do I follow your instructions with the car off or when the car is on and if the radio should be on? Sorry for being ignorant.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
185 Posts
No worries, car off (as for the radio, couldn’t turn it off as that was part of the problem when it occurred on mine)...always a good rule of thumb working with car electronics and fuses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pulled #29 fuse and reinserted. While driving for about 20 minutes, radio stopped and the Check Tuner message appeared for 2 seconds and a message appeared indicating "Sirius Subscription is Updating" for about three seconds, radio resumed. Yesterday, Honda Customer Service rep called and said that there will be a radio software update soon and that I need to continue to check for when it will be available. They will not call me with a notification when available.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
185 Posts
I had that Sirius Subscription is updating message pop up for me...but went away after like 30 secs (and hasn’t come back). Are you using ApplePlay? Based on what I’m seeing, it seems there is an issue with it.... Still holding my breath, haven’t had an issue with my ‘20 Pilot again (yet). I am hoping the update comes out soon, so this seemingly prevalent issue is fixed once and for all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not using Apple Play. Will pull #29 fuse again if radio stops again and message appears. I'm wondering if I need to contact Sirius...will do so if the subscription message pops up again.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
185 Posts
yea mine luckily now has been 6 weeks without a reoccurrence. The message from SiriusXM is pretty normal anytime you “reset” the radio in the current gen of pilots (since we don’t have radio codes anymore).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yea had the same issue. Pop the hood, go to the passenger side fuse box (in the engine compartment) and pull fuse #29, wait 30 sec, and replace. Should resolve the issue.
Hi there....just got the check tuner message. It looks like there is no fuse in the #29 spot....am I reading it incorrectly....hate to go to the dealer for this...Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
185 Posts
Hi there....just got the check tuner message. It looks like there is no fuse in the #29 spot....am I reading it incorrectly....hate to go to the dealer for this...Thanks
There definitely should be a fuse in #29. When you open the fuse box (if you haven’t seen it already) there is a diagram of the fuses etched into the cover. Make sure its orientated correctly and you see that #29 mentions radio.

Another alternate is, if you have wired USB computer keyboard, bring that to the car and plug it into the USB port under the radio. Then click Control-Alt-Delete.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There definitely should be a fuse in #29. When you open the fuse box (if you haven’t seen it already) there is a diagram of the fuses etched into the cover. Make sure its orientated correctly and you see that #29 mentions radio.

Another alternate is, if you have wired USB computer keyboard, bring that to the car and plug it into the USB port under the radio. Then click Control-Alt-Delete.
Did see the diagram....will go check again. I do have a USB keyboard. Will try that as well! Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
185 Posts
Did see the diagram....will go check again. I do have a USB keyboard. Will try that as well! Thanks!
Awesome, definitely try both. I’ve done both (unfortunately several times) and they should both work. Good luck!

Here is the fuse listing from the Owners Manual too (should be a 15 or 20 amp fuse depending on the type of radio you have).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome, definitely try both. I’ve done both (unfortunately several times) and they should both work. Good luck!

Here is the fuse listing from the Owners Manual too (should be a 15 or 20 amp fuse depending on the type of radio you have).
View attachment 139113

View attachment 139113
Thanks again....so far it is working.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts