Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 pilot with apx 8k miles on it has a funny noise on startup. It's probably normal and wouldn't be a problem if the car was used often. Recently the car has been sitting for a week or more and quite often it has a sound like a growl immediately on startup. I assume it is something being charged up, it seems to be coming from under the car toward the rear. I mentioned it to my dealer but they couldn't reproduce it, of course. Just wondering if anyone knows what it is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2019 pilot with apx 8k miles on it has a funny noise on startup. It's probably normal and wouldn't be a problem if the car was used often. Recently the car has been sitting for a week or more and quite often it has a sound like a growl immediately on startup. I assume it is something being charged up, it seems to be coming from under the car toward the rear. I mentioned it to my dealer but they couldn't reproduce it, of course. Just wondering if anyone knows what it is.
I just tried to find where the noise was coming from. The car sat for 4-5 days and I laid beside the car with my hand on the fuel tank. The noise happened, It's not from the fuel tank but it's definitely under the car, I can't tell if its from the front or back.

·
Registered
304 Posts
You mentioned that it's coming from the rear -- do you think it's a sound from the exhaust? It sounds to me like a normal sound from the exhaust when the vehicle is first started up when cold, but like others mentioned, a video would probably help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts