Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new Ex-L AWD 2 weeks back. Have less than 400 miles on it. I have recently experienced some issues with transmission.
  • The car didn't pick after a brief halt at a Stop sign. The car was in (D)rive but felt like it went in neutral. When I pressed the clutch hard the engine revved up but car didn't move for a brief period.
  • There is a sudden jerk after first acceleration.
Have you experienced this? Is it an issue with torque convertor or transmission?

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got a new Ex-L AWD 2 weeks back. Have less than 400 miles on it. I have recently experienced some issues with transmission.
  • The car didn't pick after a brief halt at a Stop sign. The car was in (D)rive but felt like it went in neutral. When I pressed the clutch hard the engine revved up but car didn't move for a brief period.
  • There is a sudden jerk after first acceleration.
Have you experienced this? Is it an issue with torque convertor or transmission?

Thanks
Clutch? You mean gas pedal?
I have a 2019 EX-L with 1500 miles and never experienced gears not engaging when needed to be.

·
Banned
379 Posts
No clutch in that car. I'm guessing you mean gas. I also have 2019 EX-L with 2300 on it. Very good so far. No issues Before this a 2017 EX-L with no issues and got that up to 40k. Take it in and ask dealer

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've seen some hesitation after switching into Drive (from Reverse, for example) and intitally letting go of the brakes doesn't seem to get the car moving and as if there's a brief pause before it kicks in or you have to give it a bit of gas (this is on surface that's fairly leveled).

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If it’s repeatable, then take it in for service. Otherwise wait till you can replicate it then take it in. If it’s a one time thing you would waste your time since dealer would tell you no fault is found. Seen some 2016-2018 EX-L with transmission issues here. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, sorry I meant gas pedal
I have a 2019 EX-L FWD with 14,000 miles on it. I've been experience the same issues for the past couple of days now. Where i am getting the sudden jerk after first acceleration. Its weird, i've never had this problem before. Let know what your dealership says about the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My guess is that you are not used to the Idle Start in the 2019 Honda Pilots. The Idle Start "turns your car into idle" occasionally. When you step on the gas, there is a slight delay. The only way to turn off idle start is to push the Idle Start off button every time you get in your car

·
Registered
172 Posts
My guess is that you are not used to the Idle Start in the 2019 Honda Pilots. The Idle Start "turns your car into idle" occasionally. When you step on the gas, there is a slight delay. The only way to turn off idle start is to push the Idle Start off button every time you get in your car
That mainly applies to the Touring and Elite trims with 9-speed transmission, while the EX-L with the 6-speed transmission doesn't have that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
EX-L 6sp transmission doesnt have auto-stop

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 2019 EX-L FWD with 14,000 miles on it. I've been experience the same issues for the past couple of days now. Where i am getting the sudden jerk after first acceleration. Its weird, i've never had this problem before. Let know what your dealership says about the issue.
I dropped my car at my dealership today for inspection. They kept my car for the whole day but the technician couldn't reproduce the issue. As per my dealer it is working as expected. Slight jerk is expected on gear change in Pilot. The technician even drove my car 13 miles but didn't find anything abnormal. The service guy asked me to ride with the technician next time to reproduce it.
Meanwhile for me the issue has gotten worse. Today morning it felt like somebody has hit the car from behind on first gear change.
I am not sure what can be done about it. I've got only 500 miles so I am thinking it might smooth out after some more miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there a chance you may actually be experiencing hill start assist? This may be the case if you're starting from an incline (even slight)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there a chance you may actually be experiencing hill start assist? This may be the case if you're starting from an incline (even slight)
I don't think that should be the case. I don't have any hills around my area. Completely flat area around my place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dropped my car at my dealership today for inspection. They kept my car for the whole day but the technician couldn't reproduce the issue. As per my dealer it is working as expected. Slight jerk is expected on gear change in Pilot. The technician even drove my car 13 miles but didn't find anything abnormal. The service guy asked me to ride with the technician next time to reproduce it.
Meanwhile for me the issue has gotten worse. Today morning it felt like somebody has hit the car from behind on first gear change.
I am not sure what can be done about it. I've got only 500 miles so I am thinking it might smooth out after some more miles.
Thanks for the information. sorry hear that the technician couldn't find the problem. but now i'm not experience the problem anymore. I guess it was those weird few days when it start getting cold here in texas that could cause the sudden jerk. I dont know. But hopefully it starts smoothing out you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Possibly it was a bit of manufacturing debris that was temporarily making one of the control valves stick, but has cleared itself? That would be rare since the transmissions are typically very well cleaned during manufacturing, but things do happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts