Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I got a quote from the dealer to downsize my stock 18 inch wheels to 17 inch steel wheels for winter tires. They product number was 42700-TK8-A01. When I google that it seems like an Odessey steel rim that is 17x7. Is this the ideal steel rim for this vehicle or should I ask them to order a different one?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
As long as the bolt pattern is the same, the offset is the same or very close to Pilot 17” rims (if rims are the same width), and the load rating is the same or better it should not be an issue.

Check online to see if you can find a site which shows these parameters for the various OEM rims you are looking at. If the load rating is not listed for the OEM rims I find the maximum total rated weight (vehicle plus payload) and compare these values for the two vehicles (Pilot vs Odyssey in your case). If the Odyssey’s maximum total rated weight is the same or higher than the Pilot then the Odyssey rims should be able to handle the weight of the Pilot.

You might also check the Ridgeline if it has a trim level which uses steel rims.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Did you end up getting those Odyssey steel wheels for your Pilot?

I'm thinking of doing the same.
I did and used OEM TPMS sensors (along with washer and nut for the sensors). Got tires from costco. Using that winter wheels on my 2017 Touring at present. They work fine, no complaints.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did and used OEM TPMS sensors (along with washer and nut for the sensors). Got tires from costco. Using that winter wheels on my 2017 Touring at present. They work fine, no complaints.
Awesome! Would love to see any pictures if that's not a lot of trouble!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts