Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all. We have a 2019 Honda Pilot Elite. We purchased it used but under 15k miles and in excellent condition. We have noticed that at highway speeds, intermittently, there’s this annoying AF humming noise. At first I thought it was the sunroof, but we have a friend who is a master technician at Honda and said it’s not that. He's tried to many different things. Then he said some hood parts were loose and thought it was that. No luck. I swear it’s driving me nuts, and i'm going to be commuting more and the sound is starting to be heard over the radio. Has anyone else had this? Video for the sound. Could it be something else? I searched in the group and online and saw some stuff about wheel bearings but i'm not sure that's it.

Here's a link to the video since I couldn't upload it here: 2019 Humming Noise

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
On another Honda I owned, we used to have that noise occur at highway speeds. It was caused by the weather strip across the top of the windshield.

Reactions: katklim

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
How did you fix it??
Never did. Traded.
Just to verify that's where it's coming from, you might try some wide painter's tape (blue) across the top to see it that prevents it. If it does, then search for a fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never did. Traded.
Just to verify that's where it's coming from, you might try some wide painter's tape (blue) across the top to see it that prevents it. If it does, then search for a fix.
Yeah, i'm getting to that point too. Honestly. I texted your response to my friend and unfortunately he said that is the first thing he checked. :(

·
Registered
402 Posts
You don't have any aftermarket speakers do you? I'm thinking about the Active Noise Cancelation system which can be fussy with any sound system changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts