Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2019 Pilot Elite that was on the showroom floor at my local dealership on 8/31/2019. Since it was on the showroom floor, all the car candy was removed from the vehicle to prevent theft. As the car was being delivered to me, the dealership had a tech guy show me all the features. When he was showing me the rear entertainment system, there were no headphones so he went into the dealership and grabbed me two pairs and batteries. I then checked the glove box and there was no manual. He again went into the dealership and go me a manual. Well, that got me thinking, what else is missing from the car?

Can anyone tell me what should have been delivered with the vehicle? Is there a separate key just for the glove box or is there only two FOBs with the key inside? Is there a valet key?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Following. Damn. I didn't even think to look for headphones. I bought my 2019 Elite on Labor Day.

Will have to check tomorrow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There are a few things that come in the "Manual Pouch" The Owners Guide, Warranty Info CD, filled out PDI form, Consumer Information Book, The Pilot Brochure, and SirusXM Trial booklet is what came in mine. The key for the glove box comes out of the key fab and I did not get any separate Valet key. And last but not lease is the two sets of headphones rounds out everything I got with my 2018.

Here is the link to the Online Manual and Guide.
https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/information/2019/Pilot/manuals

·
Registered
189 Posts
There are a few things that come in the "Manual Pouch" The Owners Guide, Warranty Info CD, filled out PDI form, Consumer Information Book, The Pilot Brochure, and SirusXM Trial booklet is what came in mine. The key for the glove box comes out of the key fab and I did not get any separate Valet key. And last but not lease is the two sets of headphones rounds out everything I got with my 2018.

Here is the link to the Online Manual and Guide.
https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/information/2019/Pilot/manuals
SAME

2019 Touring AWD MSM

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
And a remote control for the RES, if applicable.
Don't know if they changed that in the new gens, but mine is built in to the ceiling (and detachable).

·
Registered
242 Posts
My remote and two pair of headphones were sealed in factory plastic and in the rear cargo compartment, under the pull up floor cover panel.

The first registered owner has 6 months I believe to order the 600+ page owner's manual, navigation guide, etc from Honda. From the Honda site

A printed Owner's Manual, Navigation Manual, and Warranty Booklet are complimentary to the first registered owner, up to six months after vehicle purchase. These manuals require a valid VIN and mailing address.

Honda Printed Owners manuals

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I had nothing in the cargo compartment besides the front license plate bracket. I'll be calling or stopping by the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a 2019 Pilot Elite that was on the showroom floor at my local dealership on 8/31/2019. Since it was on the showroom floor, all the car candy was removed from the vehicle to prevent theft. As the car was being delivered to me, the dealership had a tech guy show me all the features. When he was showing me the rear entertainment system, there were no headphones so he went into the dealership and grabbed me two pairs and batteries. I then checked the glove box and there was no manual. He again went into the dealership and go me a manual. Well, that got me thinking, what else is missing from the car?

Can anyone tell me what should have been delivered with the vehicle? Is there a separate key just for the glove box or is there only two FOBs with the key inside? Is there a valet key?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I ordered the manuals last night. I compared what I have to the above list and it's only the headphones and remote missing. Because I got stuck out working all night overnight, I wasn't calling anyone today. So, I fired off an email to my salesman. I'll see what kind of reply I get.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Thanks in advance!
You can use one of your fobs as the valet key after you remove the key.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Make sure all the spare tire attachments and gas funnel are in the rear compartment (2016-18 had a deep right compartment well; 2019 is shallow and can't hold anything but a candy bar)

2016-18 has a detachable remote
2019 has a separate remote that can be stored in the built in pocket behind both the driver and front passenger seat

·
Registered
242 Posts
You are welcome! When I bought my Pilot I asked the salesman who has been at the dealership for about 6 or 7 years how to get a full manual. He said I could only find a full PDF of the manual on line!

I had heard prior that it could be ordered on line and found a post here or on another Honda forum. I got mine within 3 weeks if I recall. Everything included

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I stopped by my dealer today and told them I was looking for my headphones and RES remote. He just forgot to give them to me. Apparently, they pull them from the cars and keep them locked up in a cabinet because they have a tendency of walking away. Salesman took me in back and opened up the cabinet, and there it was. Everything was there in a bag with my make/model/trim/VIN.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts