Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with the roll top center console in out Pilot. It's stuck by something inside. Is there anything that can be done instead of just heading to the dealership? I'm pretty handy but I don't see any screws and I don't want to pry too hard. Any tips/ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need some help with the roll top center console in out Pilot. It's stuck by something inside. Is there anything that can be done instead of just heading to the dealership? I'm pretty handy but I don't see any screws and I don't want to pry too hard. Any tips/ideas?
Did you get any answers to this problem? I have the same problem now:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hand an iPad in mine and it wedged between the latch and the back of the console. I found a thin, stiff piece of metal (mine was a really small hex key). I found a really small drill bit (slightly larger diameter than the hex key). Then I carefully drilled a small hole in the center of the rollback, pushed the hex key through the hole thus pushing the iPad deep enough to clear the latch, and opened the rollback with no problems... FYI, I actually drilled two holes but the first was too close to the latch so it didn’t help. The holes are small enough that I never notice them, my wife never notices them, but they’re there in case I ever accidentally overload the console again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts