Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I currently own a 2019 Pilot Elite, & Apple Carplay is inoperative at this point. Additionally, bluetooth shuts done and I've been deleting and adding the phone back to the system. It works for a few days & then cuts out again. The phone will also freeze up & not respond to any button presses/touchscreen. I'm using an Iphone 10 R. The dealer has already replaced the wiring harness to the radio, but the problem still exists. Honda has informed me that the car's Carplay software is compatible up to the Iphone 10 & that they are "working on a fix". I noticed in other Honda Forums mention that the new Passport Elite has wireless Apple Carplay. As far as my research goes, there are currently no Honda vehicles using wireless Carplay software-just wireless phone charging. I spent over an hour on the phone speaking with Apple, and the consensus is that this is a Honda issue. I also had a 2018 Pilot Elite that was experiencing the same problems.

If there is anyone who is having the same issues with their Pilots or ANY OTHER HONDA VEHICLES, please respond
Thanks & happy Honda motoring!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Are you using an genuine Apple USB cable? May have to wait for another Apple update to carplay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Morning,

I currently own a 2019 Pilot Elite, & Apple Carplay is inoperative at this point. Additionally, bluetooth shuts done and I've been deleting and adding the phone back to the system. It works for a few days & then cuts out again. The phone will also freeze up & not respond to any button presses/touchscreen. I'm using an Iphone 10 R. The dealer has already replaced the wiring harness to the radio, but the problem still exists. Honda has informed me that the car's Carplay software is compatible up to the Iphone 10 & that they are "working on a fix". I noticed in other Honda Forums mention that the new Passport Elite has wireless Apple Carplay. As far as my research goes, there are currently no Honda vehicles using wireless Carplay software-just wireless phone charging. I spent over an hour on the phone speaking with Apple, and the consensus is that this is a Honda issue. I also had a 2018 Pilot Elite that was experiencing the same problems.

If there is anyone who is having the same issues with their Pilots or ANY OTHER HONDA VEHICLES, please respond
Thanks & happy Honda motoring!
Hey Pilotguy,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues. We own a 2019 Pilot Touring AWD, and I too use a iPhone XR. I haven't experienced your same issues, but when CarPlay and the back up camera stopped working for me, I plugged in a USB keyboard to the same port for the iPhone, and hit CTRL + ALT + DEL to reboot the system (I got this suggestion from another Piloteers thread and yes, it actually works haha). I've only had to do this once and thankfully it's been working fine since. Note that I haven't added my phone to the vehicle's infotainment (pairing it via bluetooth, etc). I just plug it in, CarPlay pops up, and it goes.

As for wireless CarPlay, I haven't come across anything specific saying it's available in Pilots (regardless of trim). I've only seen BMWs have that feature, yet, as nice as it seems to have it, the wireless connection is unreliable and poor compared to a wired connection (lag in sound, choppiness, etc).

Not sure what's going on with your phone when it becomes unresponsive, and if that's a phone issue, or CarPlay issue.

Hope any of this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts