Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Somehow the second video of this guy flew under the radar yesterday but it does have a gas mileage numbers.

Watch from ~3:06:
YouTube

2019 Passport Elite AWD 19/24 with 21 combined.

Equivalent 2019 Pilot Elite AWD is rated 19/26 with 22 combined (2019 Honda Pilot Pricing and EPA Ratings – 1.3.2019 - Honda News)

I only hope that these are not the final numbers. We shall see.

·
Super Moderator
15,182 Posts
Good find. If accurate makes me wonder if their lowered the gearing for a "sportier " driving experience.

Video has tons of solar glare. But is that a black headliner as well?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good find. If accurate makes me wonder if their lowered the gearing for a "sportier " driving experience.

I was wondering about it myself. Otherwise, 1" lift drops highway number by 2?

Video has tons of solar glare. But is that a black headliner as well?

I think that was mentioned even during presentation that headliner is black. Anyway, somehow I heard it before. This is the reason I started considering black interior even so I'm not a big fun of it: have it in my Accord now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, the specs have been released. The gearing is identical to the 9-sp Pilot trims. The wheels, at least for Passport EX-L, are essentially the same as on upper Pilot trims, 245/50-R20. So, I guess, the drop in highway gas mileage comes down to the aerodynamics difference because of the lift. You gain so little yet you pay so much...

·
Registered
223 Posts
The rating aside. I think it's all in the driving style. My A4 has the highway rating of 32 mpg. I can get 38 when drive mellow yet only get 26 when aggressive. Same goes to my Pilot. I had 29 in one trip down to DC and only getting 22 for two trips to Baltimore. I became a bit more aggressive since had the A4.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's interesting, the originally claimed ground clearance is also became smaller over the course of two months.

In November press release they said: "Ground clearance is up 0.5 inches on front-wheel drive models and 1.1 inches on all-wheel drive models compared to Passport's three-row sibling, Pilot,..."
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV on Display at 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show - Honda News

In the specs released today:
Ground Clearance (2WD/AWD, unladen): 7.5 in / 8.1 in

The 2019 Pilot has 7.3 in across the board.

So, in reality for AWD Passport the increase is 0.8 in., not 1.1 in.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Interesting the Pilot has a better MPG even with the 3rd row seat!... One would think with something that is smaller and seats 5 the MPG would be better

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The only thing that's attracting me is the "offroad" more than just grass package... thinking of what's involved and fabricate a Pilot version

1 - 9 of 9 Posts