Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity has anyone else been told after bringing your vehicle back for the same problem you orginally brought it in for.(.trans slipping between 30 & 40mph starts jerking harder & harder every 200 + miles ).While Still under warranty been told that ( HONDA JUST RELEASED A 120.00 PROGRAM THATS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY),( I HAVE TO PURCHASE IN ORDER TO KEEP MY TRANSMISSION OPERATING)(LIKE ITS A SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE)
PRETTY MUCH AFTER 36,000 MILES IF YOU DONT PURCHASE THIS PROGRAM YOUR EXTENED WARRANTY IS VOIDED AND YOU'LL BE ON THE HOOK FOR A NEW ENTIRE TRANSMISSION . Due to it causes additional damage the longer you wait but can void your 60,000 mile powertrain warranty. ?? WHICH I DONT UNDERSTAND AT ALL!WHY SHOULD ANYONE HAVE CONTROL OVER THE MECHANISMS OF OUR VEHICLE?? SO WHAT SOMEONE CAN PUSH A BUTTON ANYWHERE AND LEAVE ME STRANDED AND STRESSED , ETC.... WHILE FORCING ME TO SPEND MORE OF MY MONEY ON A VEHICLE I ALREADY SPENT $42,000.00 ON. ONLY 13 MONTHS AGO. :eek:

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Just out of curiosity has anyone else been told after bringing your vehicle back for the same problem you orginally brought it in for.(.trans slipping between 30 & 40mph starts jerking harder & harder every 200 + miles ).While Still under warranty been told that ( HONDA JUST RELEASED A 120.00 PROGRAM THATS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY),( I HAVE TO PURCHASE IN ORDER TO KEEP MY TRANSMISSION OPERATING)(LIKE ITS A SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE)
PRETTY MUCH AFTER 36,000 MILES IF YOU DONT PURCHASE THIS PROGRAM YOUR EXTENED WARRANTY IS VOIDED AND YOU'LL BE ON THE HOOK FOR A NEW ENTIRE TRANSMISSION . Due to it causes additional damage the longer you wait but can void your 60,000 mile powertrain warranty. ?? WHICH I DONT UNDERSTAND AT ALL!WHY SHOULD ANYONE HAVE CONTROL OVER THE MECHANISMS OF OUR VEHICLE?? SO WHAT SOMEONE CAN PUSH A BUTTON ANYWHERE AND LEAVE ME STRANDED AND STRESSED , ETC.... WHILE FORCING ME TO SPEND MORE OF MY MONEY ON A VEHICLE I ALREADY SPENT $42,000.00 ON. ONLY 13 MONTHS AGO. :eek:
Ya, They are calling it maintenance and that's on you. It's ridiculous.
What's your milage?
Have you changed the transmission fluid yet?
Heat is a big killer of transmissions. Since you have owned this Pilot 13 months, you have gone through one summer weather phase. If you live where the summer heat is intense, you need a 3 time drain and fill and drive cycle to freshen up that fluid or as you have stated, you could be out the cost of a transmission.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I agree. Changing the trans fluid might help.
Yes,
I'd be eager to know what the condition of the ATF is. Maybe Carla can answer my questions and/or inform us what action she has taken. I'm very concerned because you would not want to keep driving it with those symptoms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts