Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many have experienced, my infotainment center intermittently experiences problems where it freezes/blacks out/reboots. We have experienced this probably 4-5 times at this point on our 2019 Pilot Elite (currently ~9,500 miles). Usually when this occurs (while driving), Car Play becomes unavailable, the FM radio becomes unavailable, and the backup camera will not activate. Turning car off/on does not remedy. People have posted various manual ways to oversome, but generally after the car has been off for 2-3 hours, it will return to normal.

I called my dealer yesterday to schedule an Appt just so I could "document" that I've experienced the issue as this problem evolves. The service advisor said he was well aware of the issue and informed me of the following about an upcoming FSB for this specific problem.

Dealer says that Honda is releasing FSB on Monday July 27, 2020 regarding this infotainment problem.

He didn't know what all it would entail (ie. firmware flash vs replacing unit, etc) but to check back Monday when they release the information. He says Honda has been very hush hush so he really didn't know any details other than the FSB was coming out Monday.

Fingers crossed they have this annoying issue resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ours is at the dealer currently. Same issues; we’ve only had it for a month. They had a field tech out yesterday to oversee the repairs to the MOST connections according to the TSB from April. They said something similar about Honda making an announcement next week, so they’re going to keep ours until at least Monday to see what Honda says about a possible permanent solution. Fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Finally after like 2 years Honda (hopefully) made a solution to that issue. I was really paranoid about using CarPlay since a lot of people have reported that it starts that issue. It’s really scary because some people are having the issue near 10k miles and I’m at 1,500 miles.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The TSB for the Ody was released on 7/27. It calls for modifying connectors on the MOST bus. Haven’t seen the TSB for the Pilot yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
The TSB for the Ody was released on 7/27. It calls for modifying connectors on the MOST bus. Haven’t seen the TSB for the Pilot yet.
That looks promising.. for the Ody.. hopefully we can see one for the Pilot too..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts