Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am a long time member of Honda Ridgeline Owner's Club forums, but am new to the Piloteers Forums so excuse my "noobness" (LOL) here..

I have searched the forums for a possible fix / solution for this issue (I even just did a general Google search) as my wife's Pilot keeps showing this icon / indicator / error message and makes the Navigation not function. I feel like some sort of reboot, reset or something is needed, but I cannot find where / how that can be accomplished.

As a side note, still has less than 10K miles and has had no accidents, off-roading or rough rides / anything like that. According to what I have found / read, the GPS is inside of the dashboard of the vehicle so I am not sure how it could have come loose or anything. Also, this happens whether connected to WiFi or not in case anyone was wondering.

Please let me know if anyone else has encountered this or has any ideas on a fix. Appreciate everyones time for giving this post a look.

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just curious what part of the country you are located in. Is this a problem you have continually had, or did it just start recently?

Definitely time for a dealer visit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, should have included that...I am in Pennsylvania. And no, worked perfectly fine up until a few days ago...Then it just appeared out of nowhere. Just weird as I don't know how it would just develop on it and shocked I haven't found anything / anyone else who has run into the same issue.

Thank you for your reply by the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, that would make sense. Yeah, I am in the suburbs just outside of Philly, but I appreciate it. Taking it to the dealer as even the Sales Manager I worked with texted me back and said it could be something internal with it, but he hasn't heard of anything like this either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I just bought my Honda Pilot 2019 on Sunday 4th of August. The same issue was came up. The advise from my agent was to reset the audio and if still goes right i need to go to nearest service center. i will update what has been done.
Honda-.jpg

Thanks,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same problem here, didn’t realize it was a problem until I tried using the auto time zone feature, which had been turned off when I picked up my car on Saturday, and the clock reset back from Eastern standard. Then I noticed a little red icon that indicated the GPS was out. Called the dealer, from whom I had just driven home, and was informed that you can reset the GPS by removing the negative terminal contact from the battery For five minutes, then reattaching it, then holding in the start button when you start the car. It did reset, and my GPS was working. However twice I have noticed the little red GPS icon come on and then turn back off before my trip was complete. I will be calling the dealer today.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got the same error today in my 2019 EX-L Navi. Also got a previous prompt that a map update was available but it doesn't appear to be so. Don't know if they are somehow related.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had a nice long chat with the Service Department today - apparently there is a KNOWN ISSUE with all higher trim Honda Odysseys, CRVs, Civics, and Pilots wherein the software glitches with phone software (sometimes with bluetooth, sometimes with Apple Car Play or Android ____). It is all part of the same Infotainment problem. They apparently came up with the patch for the CRV and are almost there for the others??? The patch, when available, may be over the air or via USB at the dealer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Had a nice long chat with the Service Department today - apparently there is a KNOWN ISSUE with all higher trim Honda Odysseys, CRVs, Civics, and Pilots wherein the software glitches with phone software (sometimes with bluetooth, sometimes with Apple Car Play or Android ____). It is all part of the same Infotainment problem. They apparently came up with the patch for the CRV and are almost there for the others??? The patch, when available, may be over the air or via USB at the dealer.
Thanks for the update. So what was the solution? Just wait for a patch with no ETA? I hope not, as that was the response I got last year from Honda and Garmin with a mapping error and I am still waiting for the update.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just wanted to provide an update. Yesterday when I started the Pilot the error did not appear and the nav system worked fine. Error is there one day, gone the next. Another example of a problem plagued infotainment system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Yesterday i went to service center. Anyways i am residing here in Qatar. Maybe it is different to other countries.

First my Pilot has no NAVIGATION thats why its popping.
Second the system is not updated still they are waiting for the software as my WIFI and BLUETOOTH is not compatible with my iPhone.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also noticed that the system update tile indicated that an update was available. When I connected the wifi and tried to update, it returned an error prompt. Tried again and it said that the system was up to date and the system update tile returned to its normal state with no update available.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did download and update my system this weekend - the GPS error seems to have gone away (I'll feel more confident if I don't see the error signal in a few days). The Auto Time Zone feature IS working now - so I know the update worked for something...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

I am a long time member of Honda Ridgeline Owner's Club forums, but am new to the Piloteers Forums so excuse my "noobness" (LOL) here..

I have searched the forums for a possible fix / solution for this issue (I even just did a general Google search) as my wife's Pilot keeps showing this icon / indicator / error message and makes the Navigation not function. I feel like some sort of reboot, reset or something is needed, but I cannot find where / how that can be accomplished.

As a side note, still has less than 10K miles and has had no accidents, off-roading or rough rides / anything like that. According to what I have found / read, the GPS is inside of the dashboard of the vehicle so I am not sure how it could have come loose or anything. Also, this happens whether connected to WiFi or not in case anyone was wondering.

Please let me know if anyone else has encountered this or has any ideas on a fix. Appreciate everyones time for giving this post a look.

Thank you all in advance.
Same problem Here.. I did the update and problem still there.. not only the GPS is not working.. each start of the system works inconsistently: Date and Time change to 8:00 pm OCt 29, 2015!!!! - anybody with the same issue?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts