Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I broke an actuator in a driver side mirror. Quick google search could not find an actuator for this year of a vehicle. Is the only way to fix now is to replace the whole mirror?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is under warranty, but they said it broke because of an impact and is not covered because of that. Quoted $700+ for repair. Actually it broke because I attached an extended mirror for towing that blocked the mirror movement and when I put the car in reverse it automatically moved down. Forgot to turn off that option. So since that actually was my fault - I didn't really argued with them.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I would check some salvage yards here to find the correct color and type of mirror (heated or not). I have had good luck in the past finding items such as mirrors for a lot less than what an actuator might cost from a dealer.

Salvage yards

Reactions: ys1219

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
The body of the mirror can be replaced so you can buy one and remove the one from your side mirror and put it on the new one. I know it can be replaced because I replaced mine with the chrome.There's few available in eBay and much cheaper than $700

1 - 6 of 6 Posts